Sunglass-Fi?
May 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #91 of 414
Wow everyone has really nice sunglasses here. Nice photos.
smily_headphones1.gif

Here are my babies - Oakley M-frame with Fire lenses. I have been wearing them for seven years (not in bad shape eh?); I have replaced the nosebomb and the earsocks since I wore the originals out.

I use them for everything but especially outdoor stuff like running and in the winter, skiing. I don't leave the house without them; I can't understand how people walk around outside during the day without sunglasses.

May 20, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #92 of 414
Newbie to the forum, will make my first post about my sunglasses lol. This thread just caught my eye.

Prescription Oakley Juliets
Gun metal frame / smoked lenses
Polarized, anti-glare
Insurance helped foot the ~$500 bill lol

No pics for now, sorry

May 23, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #93 of 414
I'm planning on getting a pair of Dita's, or something similar. I have some Oakleys (which I'm selling btw in the FS forum) but they don't fit me that well and I never really liked them.
I'll post pics of what I get soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #95 of 414
Just picked up my first pair of Oakley's, got to say they're amazing.

Oakley Radar Path, Positive red iridium polarized, white frames, Fabian Cancellara signature.

Amazing and way better than I thought they'd be, can't even think of one bad point.

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #97 of 414
Admitted, oakley fan to the bone.
Got a pair of XLJ Half-jackets 4 years ago and they are still my mostly used shades. Jet black with black irridium lenses. Stylish frame and great light blocking but still awesome clearity.
In 4 years the "Oakley" print on the nose bridge has bit a worn in the middle, it now says "Oa ley"
rolleyes.gif

Got a pair of custom Juliets made summer 2008. Expensive but one of the best looking sunglasses ever seen. Xmetal with engraved Ruby irridium lenses.
I realy like the spring hinges and flex couplers.
Both are great but for different purposes. Halfjackets are more suitable when im more active like biking or rock-climbing since it seems impossible for them to move on my head. The julliets is more for the relaxing and showing off
cool.gif

Next on my wishlist is the Square wire, Pewter with blue irridium lenses. Also, i want a pair that fits more close around the head for climbing. Was thinking about something like the Valve or Five, maybe Straight jacket. Anyone got a sugestion?

Grey massacre, those look awesome! makes me wanna get a pair too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: On the topic of Oakleys, has anyone tried Exovista custom lenses? I was thinking about picking up a black XX frame and buying the Pinot Noir and Ruby lenses.

Got a pair of exovista Liguid metal and a pair of the Custom Xmetal "Magic potion". Both are great. Verry clear and they look incredibly stylish, specialy the Liquid metal. Its nothing less than a true mirror, just keeping them clean is hard work. Have bene looking at their ruby lenses also, way darker and more redish than the ruby from Oakley it seems

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #98 of 414
Ray Ban Large Aviators, bought them when I was 18 for $45.00!
Still have them after 36 years! Wear them almost every day, too.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #100 of 414
I just felt that I had to bring it up, crazy or not... but...

486bf1bc0b625_15353n.jpg

Does anyone have any blinders/shutter shades? A bunch of friends and I are considering buying a few pairs (they're pretty cheap) just for ****s and giggles :p

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #101 of 414
542932704.jpg

love them to death, I also ended up getting my mom a pair of coach sunglasses but I forgot which model

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #103 of 414
Tube strike atm, but Maui Jim website has given me a good few results for dealers in London. I want to have a look at the range in person (I just know we will get sunshine circa Wimbledon time
icon10.gif
)... where's a shop that stocks a good selection? Thanks

Jun 11, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #104 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tube strike atm, but Maui Jim website has given me a good few results for dealers in London. I want to have a look at the range in person (I just know we will get sunshine circa Wimbledon time
icon10.gif
)... where's a shop that stocks a good selection? Thanks

No offense to the Rayban or Oakley folks...but MJ lenses have no peer. You're on the right track.

You can order them in the States from Sportsvisionbend.com if you can't find what you want in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back