Summit-Fi Random Thoughts
May 26, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #91 of 535
Random thought:

A non insignificant amount of high end headphones are clearly designed to visually humiliate the user. We are clearly self deprecating masochists.

....Change my mind.

I think first priority is they have to look great when hang on headphone stand. Get better photograph, better marketing tool.

On side note, you are right, I only can think Abyss Diana that still looks great when on duty. Something like meze elite is beautiful design, but still look awkwardly funny when on a person head.

May 26, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #92 of 535
Oh, you're definitely beyond aesthetic salvation in that case :D
Then I put on the Susvaras, R10Ps, ES-R10s, and SR1as and the point is made even more. These are some ugly headphones

May 26, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #93 of 535
Well you mentioned another flaw again. Coz switching out too fast disrupts the chain/clock, which needs at least minute to settle down. Also using short segments is a flaw because again, the ear is in trauma with the same notes over and over again.

The audio marketing that gets repeated here as operational fact is stunning.

May 26, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #94 of 535
Random thought:

A non insignificant amount of high end headphones are clearly designed to visually humiliate the user. We are clearly self deprecating masochists.

....Change my mind.
Yeah, since I started using my new equipment my girlfriend has started to call me "Fallera" and "Princess Leia".

879f22855b4061038842d4159d06895e--spanish-costume-flamenco.jpg

11177_0.jpg

May 27, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #96 of 535
Proof this is used as audio marketing?

You made the claim, you figure out how to support it.

If you were correct that “clocks take time to sync” after ABX switching, there would be measurable issues during the minutes you claim are necessary for the resync. Yet no one, not even hardware vendors, has show this to be true. I wonder why…

Device clocks simply don’t require minutes (or seconds) to sync. This is not bleeding edge technology - how clocks sync is a defined spec, not a random occurrence.

May 27, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #97 of 535
You made the claim, you figure out how to support it.

If you were correct that “clocks take time to sync” after ABX switching, there would be measurable issues during the minutes you claim are necessary for the resync. Yet no one, not even hardware vendors, has show this to be true. I wonder why…

Device clocks simply don’t require minutes (or seconds) to sync. This is not bleeding edge technology - how clocks sync is a defined spec, not a random occurrence.
You made the claim of audio marketing. I didnt talk about clock syncing at all. You may wanna read again...

May 27, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #98 of 535
Well you mentioned another flaw again. Coz switching out too fast disrupts the chain/clock, which needs at least minute to settle down. Also using short segments is a flaw because again, the ear is in trauma with the same notes over and over again.

You made the claim of audio marketing. I didnt talk about clock syncing at all. You may wanna read again...

Actually, you did.

May 27, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #100 of 535
It's not a syncing issue...it's the need to stabilize over time due to disturbance.

Not sure how "stabilizing" is different than "syncing" but it's rather irrelevant as both are marketing constructs, not operational parameters that impact anything audible.

Feel free to post hard science to support your claim. Nothing from vendors with a financial stake please.

May 27, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #102 of 535
It's not a syncing issue...it's the need to stabilize over time due to disturbance.
What exactly needs to stabilize if it has nothing to do with the sync?

May 27, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #104 of 535
Think you got lost...this is the summit-fi thread. You can Google or do more reading....

What a surprise -you tell me to "google it for myself" when asked to support a technical claim.

That's the clarion call of someone who posted something they read on a vendor site that they don't understand and can't support.

I'll bow out until you can bring something to the table.

Mar 11, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #105 of 535
"why are we so willing to pay for such heavy diminishing returns?"

Logically it makes no sense, that last 5 to 10 percent, why lose an arm and leg over it?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back