Summit-Fi Random Thoughts
May 26, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #646 of 661
ah.. sorry to hear, dude..
have u tried finding someone who shares your tastes in music?
Nobody likes my music. The one girl I found that did, got arrested and then said she couldn't be in a relationship with me anymore because of that. It's very hard to find a girl that likes funeral doom and black metal. It's very hard to find a satanic girl. I'm a one person type of guy. I don't want any of that poly sh!t. Satanic girls are hard to come by, and they normally hate life as much as I do, which probably isn't healthy. I'm so negative that it's hard to meet another girl in my sphere. I was talking with this Nigerian girl tonight, and she was all into positivity. I said I was a negative person and it wouldn't work out. I mean, Christian music? Nah...

May 26, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #647 of 661
May 26, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #648 of 661
So my girl dropped me, saying I was too anxious. She couldn't get over the anxiety attack, which was related to alcohol withdrawal. If she knew it was alcohol withdrawal she woulda dumped me too. I was screwed either way. Alcohol got me the girl, and then alcohol made me lose the girl. It was a lose lose situation. :triportsad:
Very sorry to hear that my dude.
Maybe try to make one last attempt, if it doesn't work you have to move on. :triportsad:
I think I'm gonna sell my Valks too. The bass issue, is just an issue. I'm gonna focus on maximizing the TCs and Sus. Then ribbons for the resolution. Maybe the new Hifiman $8k will replace the Sus...we'll see.
Me and Thanatos actually made a discovery when it comes to the Valkyria, a few of the the very early models are significantly bassier and don't suffer from the subbass rolloff as much as most others. The units that have those benefits have 3 pressure vent holes in each cup, when Spirit Torino switched to a newer driver revision that had 5 holes per cup, the (sub)bass decreased by a lot. I was lucky to get an early model and also based my review off of that. I had Thanatos' Pulsar at my place to compare and the bass difference was stark, the most (newer) Valkyria models should have the same bass response as the Pulsar (which has always 5 holes). Of course i only know this now, but i feel kinda bad for giving (somewhat) false information for something you can't buy anymore in this form in my written review. Not that i had a choice, because i didn't know about it and my unit works exactly as i described. I'll add a comment about that in my review.

The TC is always amazing, yeah, just focus on that.
There's the new Hifiman flagship and the Immanis which are both top contenders for replacing the Susvara. The TC? Not so much...

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #649 of 661
May 26, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #650 of 661
May 26, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #651 of 661
So my girl dropped me, saying I was too anxious. She couldn't get over the anxiety attack, which was related to alcohol withdrawal. If she knew it was alcohol withdrawal she woulda dumped me too. I was screwed either way. Alcohol got me the girl, and then alcohol made me lose the girl. It was a lose lose situation. :triportsad:

Listening to Lana del Rey, being sad, while I drink these Miller Lites.

wWDDRe4.png

I think I'm gonna sell my Valks too. The bass issue, is just an issue. I'm gonna focus on maximizing the TCs and Sus. Then ribbons for the resolution. Maybe the new Hifiman $8k will replace the Sus...we'll see.

But things aren't great with me. Thankfully there is music for sad times and breakups. I don't know what I'd do without music. I went on this date with this Nigerian girl today. I played her my music. Xasthur and Esoteric. She said it was very negative. I then played Mannequin Pu$$Y and she liked it a little more. She suggested I listen to Christian music. :beyersmile:. That sh!t will never happen :smiling_imp:

I'm gonna go to intensive outpatient rehab starting Thursday, if I can stay sober until then. I need it. Life is just not good at the moment, but I'm a negative person, so I take it in stride

Sorry to hear about the relationship woes. Part of life, hope it trends upward in the future.

Question, is there a reason you don't invest more into 2 channel? I think you mentioned you have Kef monitors (as do I) if I remember correctly. For a basshead, it doesn't get better than 2 channel and a sub. Generally speaking and only imo, headphones simply don't do bass real justice (TC, L3000, Fostex and a few others are exceptions). My Klipsch Heresys, which are basically bass light for speakers, trump all of my headphones in felt and perceived bass. I listen to hip hop and rock with them specifically for that reason.

May 26, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #652 of 661

Listening to Lana del Rey, being sad, while I drink these Miller Lites.

wWDDRe4.png

But things aren't great with me. Thankfully there is music for sad times and breakups. I don't know what I'd do without music. I went on this date with this Nigerian girl today. I played her my music. Xasthur and Esoteric. She said it was very negative. I then played Mannequin Pu$$Y and she liked it a little more. She suggested I listen to Christian music. :beyersmile:. That sh!t will never happen :smiling_imp:

I'm gonna go to intensive outpatient rehab starting Thursday, if I can stay sober until then. I need it. Life is just not good at the moment, but I'm a negative person, so I take it in stride
Ugh, really sorry to hear about the relationship and personal troubles, Cig. Remember that you have friends here, so reach out if you need something!

On the Valk . . . do you already have an Immanis on order? If so, I might hold off selling the Valk until you have spent some time with the Immanis. Of all the HPs I have heard, the Immanis overlaps with the Valkyria the least. They're very different and very complimentary.

May 26, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #653 of 661
Sorry to hear about the relationship woes. Part of life, hope it trends upward in the future.

Question, is there a reason you don't invest more into 2 channel? I think you mentioned you have Kef monitors (as do I) if I remember correctly. For a basshead, it doesn't get better than 2 channel and a sub. Generally speaking and only imo, headphones simply don't do bass real justice (TC, L3000, Fostex and a few others are exceptions). My Klipsch Heresys, which are basically bass light for speakers, trump all of my headphones in felt and perceived bass. I listen to hip hop and rock with them specifically for that reason.
Thanks man. I am considering speakers other than my K50s. It's just my space is not well suited for them, but my room is. I am strongly considering getting better speakers. Even my Kefs are better than most of my headphones, and those are "cheap" speakers. Speakers are definitely the way to go in the future, it's just my living space that is the problem

May 26, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #654 of 661
Ugh, really sorry to hear about the relationship and personal troubles, Cig. Remember that you have friends here, so reach out if you need something!

On the Valk . . . do you already have an Immanis on order? If so, I might hold off selling the Valk until you have spent some time with the Immanis. Of all the HPs I have heard, the Immanis overlaps with the Valkyria the least. They're very different and very complimentary.
Yeah Immanis + Valkyria/Pulsar Covers a lot of bases.

Imo it's the new "Susvara + 1266TC combo" and will probably be popular among the wealthier folks around here

May 26, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #655 of 661
Ehhh, tonality always plays a role and system synergy and of course personal preferences.
I just listened to the Headphoneshow livestream, they returned from Munich and Resolve really didn't like both Raals, sadly he didn't explain why.

May 26, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #656 of 661
Ehhh, tonality always plays a role and system synergy and of course personal preferences.
I just listened to the Headphoneshow livestream, they returned from Munich and Resolve really didn't like both Raals, sadly he didn't explain why.
Interesting.
Doesn't like Mezes, Doesn't like Raals.
Guess we're consistently in the opposite Camp, guess that's worth something

May 27, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #657 of 661
I think I could live with the TCs only. I have the Imannis on order, as I like ribbons, but the bass better be on point. The Valk is great, aside from the sub bass issue. I just want the perfect pair of headphones, but it's probably not possible. The TCs are the closest thing.

Also, I'm really missing this girl. Sh!t makes me very sad. You open up to somebody and then they don't like you for who you are. It's a tough situation. I need to find a girl that likes the same things I like, and one I can share my life with. Dating is....weird. I got a few dates lined up, but really I'm just looking to forget this great Chinese girl. It's hard. Maybe my issues are too great, and I'm meant to be alone. That makes me sad, but maybe it's the truth. At least I have music and headphones to comfort me :triportsad:

May 28, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #658 of 661
I've been listening to female vocalists only these past few days. If you like this kind of music, the headphones you may like might be completely different than somebody that listens to only metal and hip-hop. The TCs are still great with female vocals, but there might be better out there. It just goes to show how genre preferences really affect the type of headphones somebody likes. I wish we had tags on our profile to highlight the genres we like. The needs and requirements are so different when you listen to different genres. I think that might be a little bit of where the confusion is with some headphones or equipment. Female vocals are so different than male vocals with metal and hip-hop. The Sus does very well, but I've been surprised that the TCs also do really well. The TCs really are my favorite pair of headphones ever. They just do everything well. We'll have to see what the Immanis and the new $8K Susvara Pro will do. :thinking:

May 28, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #659 of 661
I've been listening to female vocalists only these past few days. If you like this kind of music, the headphones you may like might be completely different than somebody that listens to only metal and hip-hop. The TCs are still great with female vocals, but there might be better out there. It just goes to show how genre preferences really affect the type of headphones somebody likes. I wish we had tags on our profile to highlight the genres we like. The needs and requirements are so different when you listen to different genres. I think that might be a little bit of where the confusion is with some headphones or equipment. Female vocals are so different than male vocals with metal and hip-hop. The Sus does very well, but I've been surprised that the TCs also do really well. The TCs really are my favorite pair of headphones ever. They just do everything well. We'll have to see what the Immanis and the new $8K Susvara Pro will do. :thinking:
Totally agree. They are also my fav headphone ever

May 28, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #660 of 661
Totally agree. They are also my fav headphone ever
They really are the best. I think I'm at the stage in my audiophile journey, where if it can't beat the TCs or Sus, I don't care. I don't need to keep going on these side paths, listening to headphones with compromises in comparison to the TC/Sus. I've had limited time to listen to music recently, so I don't want any compromises. That's when you pick the TCs over everything else. Then the Sus if you want a change. Everything else is a compromise (though the CA-1a is close to being in that tier with the VM-1a).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back