Summit-Fi Random Thoughts
Feb 25, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #346 of 661
I know the bar is being set quite high but if it's not better than a Shang Sr & T2, I'm not sure there is a point. Or edit and place your favorite stat in place of the Shang Sr.

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #347 of 661
I know the bar is being set quite high but if it's not better than a Shang Sr & T2, I'm not sure there is a point.
Agreed 100%. I'm expecting Shang Sr resolution with CA bass

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #348 of 661
I know the bar is being set quite high but if it's not better than a Shang Sr & T2, I'm not sure there is a point. Or edit and place your favorite stat in place of the Shang Sr.
Wouldn't the Shang Sr set you back about 14k street, and the T2 16k or something? So that's a combined 30k. The Immanis + TOTL amp should come well under that, plus you can use the amp for all your other HPs except estat (or you can spend well under 15k to get the Immanis + a used good condition VM1a).

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #350 of 661
Wouldn't the Shang Sr set you back about 14k street, and the T2 16k or something? So that's a combined 30k. The Immanis + TOTL amp should come well under that, plus you can use the amp for all your other HPs except estat (or you can spend well under 15k to get the Immanis + a used good condition VM1a).
While I understand your application of money in this equation, once you've hit MAAT, you are willing to pay for performance. If Immanis & say a 15-20k amp is better, we're still talking equivalents.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #351 of 661
was thinking about that too. but the immanis will cost more than a stax X9k + locally built megatron. waiting for Cigg to give his review on the immanis lol..
You certainly have some good dealers. The X9k alone is ~7k over here, just like Immanis.
You already have a TI-1b so no need for the fancy headphone stand/Interface

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #352 of 661
Agreed 100%. I'm expecting Shang Sr resolution with CA bass

+1, minus the bass expectation lol

Seriously though, I'm expecting a SGL Sr. contender resolution wise, no question. We shall see. :)

Feb 25, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #353 of 661
Assuming its tonality is good, wouldn't that make it (hypothetically) better in almost every conceivable way than the HE1?
That’s what I’m hoping.

Feb 25, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #354 of 661
Yea so supposedly if u know where to look, the X9K is sub usd4.6k and the custom megatron is sub usd 4k. and the immanis is supposed to be usd9.5k or thereabouts?

X9k used is a sketchy purchase. Mine had driver failure, warranty is a must.

Soren is selling his 1 box MT for a bit under $6k
Dukei I think is around $7k for the 2 box with more options for customization.
Birgir is releasing a few at $6-7k

Who else is trust worthy?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #355 of 661
What are the best bluetooth IEMs one can buy? I'm trying to get better sound outta my Vision Pro. I can't go wired, unfortunately ( :deadhorse: )

I have the Air Pods Pro 2, but I want something even better, if it exists.

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #356 of 661
What are the best bluetooth IEMs one can buy? I'm trying to get better sound outta my Vision Pro. I can't go wired, unfortunately ( :deadhorse: )

I have the Air Pods Pro 2, but I want something even better, if it exists.
Hifiman Svanar Wireless are good for bluetooth, but something along the lines of the iFi Go Pods is also worth considering with an even higher end IEM. There are some Chi Fi options similar to the Go Pods also.

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #357 of 661
Hifiman Svanar Wireless are good for bluetooth, but something along the lines of the iFi Go Pods is also worth considering with an even higher end IEM. There are some Chi Fi options similar to the Go Pods also.
Thanks! I'm gonna get those Svanars. Should be an upgrade from my Air Pod Pro 2s

Edit: Just bought them

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #358 of 661
So when I got the Vision Pro, I also got the Airpod Max headphones. They are not bad at all. They are good for work. The bass quantity is good, but the quality isn't there. It's a bit too boomy. Still, what Apple has been able to do with these headphones without LDAC is impressive. I can't wait until Apple finally accepts LDAC as a standard. I'm an iPhone user, and don't really like Android devices. However, I'm jealous of the LDAC on Android devices. I use LDAC with my ifi go blu and it is really is good. Why Apple hasn't implemented LDAC is lost to me :deadhorse:

Feb 26, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #359 of 661
So when I got the Vision Pro, I also got the Airpod Max headphones. They are not bad at all. They are good for work. The bass quantity is good, but the quality isn't there. It's a bit too boomy. Still, what Apple has been able to do with these headphones without LDAC is impressive. I can't wait until Apple finally accepts LDAC as a standard. I'm an iPhone user, and don't really like Android devices. However, I'm jealous of the LDAC on Android devices. I use LDAC with my ifi go blu and it is really is good. Why Apple hasn't implemented LDAC is lost to me :deadhorse:
Are those the ones made with Fostex drivers?

Feb 26, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #360 of 661
Are those the ones made with Fostex drivers?
I'm not sure, but maybe. They have near Fostex level quantity, but the quality is not anywhere near a th900mk2s, for example. They are good work headphones though. I'll continue to use them. For rap it works really well, but for other genres, not so much. The bass is too bloomy or booming (I can't ever remember the term, but it sounds bloated and not tight like TOTL headphones).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back