suggestions?
Jul 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 123

ilikedonkeys39

100+ Head-Fier
hello, i dont know if this is the right place to ask this, if not, please tell me where. (im brand new)

Anyways, i have been reseacrching for some good heaphones latley, i really like bose oe2 or skullcandy aviators but i know there are better options out there. I use the standard iphone earbuds right now and i think they are pretty good considering they were free. i have owned other ear buds and some really cheap on ear but i want something better now. i would like the clarity of the mids and highs to be nice and have some extra bass for the beat. I listen to mainly pop, hip hop, ect. I would like them to be very comfy and NOT UGLY. so here is the list summed up.

extra bass for the beat but not so much it makes everything sound deep
even, clear highs and mids
comfy
stylish 
I would really like a play/pause control too
block out some noice for car rides
oh, and not ear buds ect
will get pretty loud
UNDER $150!!

ps im 13 years old

Jul 7, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 123
First and foremost, welcome to head-fi... Sorry for your wallet. You might want to post this in the portable headphone section since you listed iems for your choices. But if you want a full sized headphone, the v-moda m80 or the lp2 are great choices that match your criteria . Plus they are built like a tank .

Edit : these headphones are a bit over budget, but I know that amazon sometimes sells them under your budget... Or get them used. Good luck !

Jul 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 123
Welcome to Head-fi!

What about the M50? Great looks, killer sound. They're about $122 new on Amazon. They don't have a 3-button w/ mic control though. (But, I don't think that is a big deal.)

Only 13?! And I thought I was young on Head-fi

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 123

extra bass for the beat but not so much it makes everything sound deep
even, clear highs and mids
comfy
stylish 
I would really like a play/pause control too
block out some noice for car rides
UNDER $150!!

JVC FXD80.

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #8 of 123
Quote:
Welcome to Head-fi!

What about the M50? Great looks, killer sound. They're about $122 new on Amazon. They don't have a 3-button w/ mic control though. (But, I don't think that is a big deal.)

Only 13?! And I thought I was young on Head-fi

ill check those out, audio technica right? they look cool and lol! how old are you??!

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 123
You insert it in your ear and it blocks out noise and it's made out of stainless steel and will last forever and will sound 20 times better than your Apple earbud.

Or you can get the Skullcandy Mix Master Mike that one is good sounding but not sure about the build quality.

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 123
Avoid Skullcandy, yes. I too suggest the LP2. A tad over budget, but I suggest saving up a tiny bit. It will all be worth it in the end.

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #14 of 123
Quote:
i really dont want to go over my budget.... the audio technica m50 look really good, people say they are like the best for the price, what do u think about those

I think they are good. A future classic. Definitely has the right mix of bass and general lows. A bit tight on my head, but my head is fairly large. Anyway, I think you would do good getting the M50's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back