Suggestions for a IEM Under $100 (Motorcycle Helmet w/Sansa Clip+)
Aug 26, 2011 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

senfinger

New Head-Fier
Getting a Sansa Clip+ and looking for a good low profile match do not bother my ears...

Klipsch Image S4?
Shure? SE215? ...  Or...
Etymotic?

Dance/Trance/Rock/Industrial Etc...

Let me know of any suggestions or questions to help pinpoint something.

I use to have some EC5's in the past and loved them- however with the NI on them, not good for traffic...) LoL = )

Thanks in advance!!!

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 25
Sony EX510 (highely recommended), Ultimate Ears 600, Phiaton PS200, RE-ZERO, M2, FX300 and Westone 1.

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #7 of 25
So Excellent Comfort/Low Profile "Helmet", Best Sound for the $$$, Not crazy Noise Isolation to be able to hear a little of surroundings etc...)

Good Fit/Seal options for sweat etc...

Thanks! 

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #8 of 25
If you need them to fit nicely, then I'd look for ones specifically designed for over the ear. From the suggestions I've seen, I'd either pick the Westone 1 or SE215s. I had the Westone 2's and loved them. Such a comfortable IEM.

However, you're not crazy about noise isolation, and the Westone design certainly isolates very well. I couldn't hear any of my surroundings with the volume at less than half on my Zune HD. 

The VSONIC R04 might be a good option for you. Good seal and fit but due to it being a dynamic vented IEMs, you're not going to get as good isolation as from a balanced armature one. However, it might cost you an arm and a leg to get them from Advanced Headphones UK, as they are the only place I can see that stocks them right now.

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #9 of 25
Sony EX310 Sounded not bad at all... but to high profile sticking out of ear for a helmet...
Klipsch Image S4 (The second worse IEM's I have ever heard! Wow CNET what were they thinking...

Anyone have anything else? 

Stupid but how is the marshmallow's or something with that kind of profile... or like the Skull Candy Titan possible... 
Still looking for a store that has the Westone 1 or SE215s. (With possibility of returning) etc...

Any other ideas! Really need some help and I'm serious about buying and taking your word on it! 

Wish Best Buy carried more options as well... *sigh* 

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #12 of 25

Quote:
Also, I have heard these work great ER6i? Are they any good and where can you still get them? The newer models look like they stick out like crazy!

I had the ER6i, and although they are good little IEMs, they are far too flimsy for my liking and broke quite quickly due to the poor quality cable. I wouldn't advise, unless you want lack of bass and tangly cables.

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #13 of 25
So which has the lowest profile, quality and best sound out of the mix- might have to order...

UM1, Westone 1, SE215...

Thanks Zimmer x you were right on the money with the Sony- I can imagine the 510's would have been really nice- 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back