Suggestions: ~ £150 Full-Size Headphones
Mar 25, 2011 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Amar1990

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm looking for a new pair of full-size headphones, and have a PA2V2 amplifier which I will be using in conjunction with my HTC Desire (not the greatest source I know, but it's all I have to work with!)

I currently own a pair of Sennhesier HD 228's, and was happy with the sound they produced although it felt a little bit closed. However, the cable near the jack is going and I thought that instead opf recabling I may just invest in a pair of new headphones.

I like a wide range of music, and clairty is of paramount importance to me. I do like a heavy bassline too, though never with distortion.

I have around £150 to spend, maybe a little bit more. There aren't many local shops where I can try out headphones to find a pair I like...

So...I am putting my trust in you good people out there on Head-Fi to point me in the right direction!!

I've currently taken both the Sennhesier HD 595 and HD 555 into consideration, so any thoughts on these would be useful.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Amar

P.S. I am open to any brands, I just have experience with Sennhesier equipment!

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the HD595 and I really enjoy it. I upgraded from the Sony MDR-F1 and I would say the HD595 is the superior headphone in terms of detail but soundstage is not as vast as my F1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back