Sugestions for electronic / tech-house music MASTERING HEADPHONES.
Jan 14, 2013 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

m-essence

New Head-Fier
First of all i dont have so much experience but i have seen that it is full of experts over here and since i desperately need some information here i go :
My problem is that i am looking for some over ear monitoring headphones to master the genres i submitted in the title (Electronic / Tech-house music) Mostly want to go right with the sub bass.
My budget would be around 100$ (I know its not that much but i am from a country of Europe that would have the price increased by more than 30$ dollars around here)
I also wanted to talk about the fact that here in the Balkans we are not able to get some headphones like for example : Sony 7506, Sony mdr-V6 and a lot more ... just suggest and i will tell if i cant get those headphones around here.
I have been looking and looking without any success, now im stuck looking at the AKG 240 (not the mk II)
I dont really know if their purpose is to give a clear sound for voice, flat sound for instruments like guitar, drums or piano etc. ...or what i am looking for ...natural sound that i get out of my pc from my DAW.
I am so sorry for any inconvenience with my English but i hope i expressed myself well enough to make you understand what i am looking for.
If you are kind enough and have some spare time to help me i would really appreciate it and if you just want to talk about my ignorance referring to the world of headphones just dont waste your time.
Thank you.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 17
Sony's MDR V6 will be quite faithful studio headphones. Other alternatives would be Akg K271 and k240. The 271 are flatter and the 240s are upper bass and mid forward, but can be compensated with eq. I would lean towards v6 for build quality but the AKG for sound quality.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:
Sony's MDR V6 will be quite faithful studio headphones. Other alternatives would be Akg K271 and k240. The 271 are flatter and the 240s are upper bass and mid forward, but can be compensated with eq. I would lean towards v6 for build quality but the AKG for sound quality.

Thank you, my first guess after a lot of research was the V6 or 7506 but as i said i cant get them here in my country :frowning2:
Also about the 271 ... are you talking about the MK II ones or is there a cheaper version of them ?
Because the price around here gets to 242 $ ...I know, the prices are crazy here.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Thank you, my first guess after a lot of research was the V6 or 7506 but as i said i cant get them here in my country :frowning2:
Also about the 271 ... are you talking about the MK II ones or is there a cheaper version of them ?
Because the price around here gets to 242 $ ...I know, the prices are crazy here.

yes there was a k271 studio, but it got discontinued. A v6 would be a safe bet. pick the 7506 or v6 depending on the color you want, or the 7506 if you want gold plated jacks or don't care about the sticker color.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:
yes there was a k271 studio, but it got discontinued. A v6 would be a safe bet. pick the 7506 or v6 depending on the color you want, or the 7506 if you want gold plated jacks or don't care about the sticker color.

It doesn't sound like the MDR 7506 or V6 will work for m-essence, because they are not sold in the country in which he/she lives.

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #11 of 17
It's kind of hard to give recommendations when no one knows what's available to you besides the AKG 240 and you have a limited budget.  I've never tried those headphones so I wont comment on if they would be a good choice.  It might be easier if you at least listed brands available or linked to a site where you'll be purchasing from.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #12 of 17
Well i said to just suggest and i will tell wich one i cant get ...
The thing is that not every product from a brand is available but the majority are.
Just tell me and i will check them out to see if they are available !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back