Sub-bass with scene suggestions
Aug 22, 2020 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

squadgazzz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone! I need any suggestions for future buying.

I have BGVP DMS + ibasso dc02 + macbook pro.

I like the overall quality, but I need more sub-bass and scene. Also, I hear some noise from MacBook via ibasso because my IEM are sensitive.

Any suggestions for the full-size or IEMs with better sub-bass and scene? Also, maybe another portable DAC/amplifier for MacBook?

Someone already suggested Meze 99 Neo, denon mm400, isn d10, h40, Ikko OH-10, HiFiBoy OS V3, AAW ACH Сeramic, FLC 8P + audirect beam. Any other suggestions or maybe I should test something from them? My budget is about $500 for everything.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 27
Fostex TH or TR are easy to drive and have the best bass quality anywhere near the price.

Aug 22, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 27
TH-X00 and TR-X00 were two models sold at a fair price by massdrop (drop).

TH-X00 has non-removable cable, TR-X00 has removable cable.

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 27
E-mu teak wood series is another option, as the fostex x00 line can be difficult to find.

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 27
Yeah there are many Fostex variants including the Denons and E-mu. We should compile a list.

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 27
Hey everyone! I need any suggestions for future buying.

I have BGVP DMS + ibasso dc02 + macbook pro.

I like the overall quality, but I need more sub-bass and scene. Also, I hear some noise from MacBook via ibasso because my IEM are sensitive.

Any suggestions for the full-size or IEMs with better sub-bass and scene? Also, maybe another portable DAC/amplifier for MacBook?

Someone already suggested Meze 99 Neo, denon mm400, isn d10, h40, Ikko OH-10, HiFiBoy OS V3, AAW ACH Сeramic, FLC 8P + audirect beam. Any other suggestions or maybe I should test something from them? My budget is about $500 for everything.

For DAC/AMP dongle, u can read about Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. About $30ish USD. Superb sound quality, uncoloured, it can power most IEMs except for power hungry planars and 300 ohm type headphones. It has no hiss even with my most sensitive IEMs.

Aug 24, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #9 of 27
Looks like E-mu teak is also rare)

You can order them directly from emu. Send them an email. I believe they're part of creative labs asia.

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #10 of 27
You can order them directly from emu. Send them an email. I believe they're part of creative labs asia.
Oh, that's nice. But I'm still worried if I like them. Can you suggest something similar I can try in local stores before ordering Emu?

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 27
Oh, that's nice. But I'm still worried if I like them. Can you suggest something similar I can try in local stores before ordering Emu?

They're all Fostex variants. The Emu is probably the least V shaped and most likely to be not offensive. You can probably use it without EQ. If you can find some Fostex to try you will get an idea why we love the bass and percussion response. Until Fostex I didn't hear anything like it and I even have some Audeze.

My Fostex TR-X00 needs EQ for vocals and some other songs don't sound good until I correct the response in the midrange by giving it a slight boost.

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #13 of 27
TH610 or TH-900? That's all my local store has in stock)
And what about DAC/AMP? I need it for MacBook, so it should be kind of portable)

TH-900 if you have the money, should be amazing. They are very efficient and should run fine off portables.

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #14 of 27
TH-900 if you have the money, should be amazing. They are very efficient and should run fine off portables.
No, I won't take TH610 or TH-900. I just need to listen to one of them to understand what's sound inside the Emu =)

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #15 of 27
No, I won't take TH610 or TH-900. I just need to listen to one of them to understand what's sound inside the Emu =)

So then listen to the cheaper one :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back