Sub-$50 IEMs to use with Clip+
Sep 16, 2011 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Irbyz

New Head-Fier
Currently purchased SanDisk Sansa Clip+ and looking for sub-$50 IEMs to compliment it with (may consider something slightly more expensive if it's very good option).

Atm i'm looking into ViSang R02 (Brainwavz ProAlpha), Brainwavz M1, Xears XE200PRO, Fischer Audio Silver Bullet, Fischer Audio Eterna (FA ones are cheaper in my area than Multi-IEM review suggests).
I'm not sure whatever three latter ones will be comfortable for me as well as I have doubts about Silver Bullet cord quality.
Also isolation shouldn't be too bad as i'll be using them in metro.
Wonder which of them have the best synergy with Clip+ and if there are some better options out there.

Music genres i'm going to listen the most include synthpop, EBM, chiptune, different kinds of rock and ocassionally IDM.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 17
Thanks for your response :>

Think i'll go with Xears then.
How are XGF500PRO compared to XE200PRO? And is it comfortable to wear them over-the-ear with that wide cable?

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #6 of 17
Since you can get the Silver Bullets for a lower cost, I'll go for those. Be wary that the housing is slightly bigger than usual IEMs, so don't try them if you have very small ears. 

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Thanks for your response :>

Think i'll go with Xears then.
How are XGF500PRO compared to XE200PRO? And is it comfortable to wear them over-the-ear with that wide cable?

You are welcome...

I am switching between them now and the last day or so...I have been wearing them over the ear with no probs.  The flat cable (500) is a little heavier but nothing major and comfortable.  The 500s took a little bit to get a good seal until I wore them over the ear.

200s- more bass while retaining basically a good spectrum (using hybrid foam tips atm).  The 500s have grown on me some, honestly.  They are very detailed and the clarity is very good.  I would tend to associate it with "bright" but after hours of switching, I'm really liking their sig and not bright at all (using double-flange atm).  Still going to run them for a while, but overall very happy with my purchases.

I used the coupon that was floating around (in this thread somewhere- klangfuzzi?.....

Both shipped to US for $99.00.

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #8 of 17
The Sony EX510, EX310 are highely recommended and they sound amazing out of DAPs like Clip+.

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
I always recommend JVC Marshmallows when it comes to cheap but really good IEMs

Yea they seem to be good although i want to get something from slightly higher price range.

Quote:
Since you can get the Silver Bullets for a lower cost, I'll go for those. Be wary that the housing is slightly bigger than usual IEMs, so don't try them if you have very small ears. 

I was worrying about SB not fitting in my ears as well. Gonna take a look at them in the shop.

Quote:
You are welcome...

I am switching between them now and the last day or so...I have been wearing them over the ear with no probs.  The flat cable (500) is a little heavier but nothing major and comfortable.  The 500s took a little bit to get a good seal until I wore them over the ear.

200s- more bass while retaining basically a good spectrum (using hybrid foam tips atm).  The 500s have grown on me some, honestly.  They are very detailed and the clarity is very good.  I would tend to associate it with "bright" but after hours of switching, I'm really liking their sig and not bright at all (using double-flange atm).  Still going to run them for a while, but overall very happy with my purchases.

I used the coupon that was floating around (in this thread somewhere- klangfuzzi?.....

Both shipped to US for $99.00.

Thanks for detailed info :)

Yeah there's coupon code KLANGFUZZIS (i found it in multi-IEM review thread www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-193-iems-compared-shure-se215-munitio-teknine-added-9-01-11).

Also, if anyone is interested SoundMagic previous generation models are on sale @ mp4nation.net http://mp4nation.net/catalog/earphones-headphones-soundmagic-c-62_46.html?zenid=51977dc5d77cfac2013ac282af7f9977

Quote:
The Sony EX510, EX310 are highely recommended and they sound amazing out of DAPs like Clip+.

Thanks, i'll check them.

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 17
Check out Amazon, I recently bought a pair of Audio Technicas that were originally listed for $100 but now sell for only $40. They might not be good at the original price, but I think they sound great, lots of bass and great treble and midrange. I like them better than my SR60i headphones for sound quality.

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 17
The Brainwavz M1 were my first good IEMs. But I would up my budget just a little and go for one of the newer Sunrise IEMs. Also consider Xears (most with driver flex) and Brookstone's Dual Driver IEM.

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #13 of 17

Yeah, there's plenty of good deals on Amazon, but i live in Russia and unfortunately Amazon doesn't ship here.
Also i can't get Brookstone's Dual Driver IEM for a nice price @ ebay as the seller doesn't ship here either.

I tried Silver Bullets today in the shop, they don't fit too well and feel very uncomfortable. My ears are definitely too small for them :/

So i've ended up ordering Xears XGF500PRO from xears.com I think i can't go wrong with them :)

Thanks for suggestions and info :>

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #14 of 17
I hope you used the discount code for the Xears site which is floating around the forum...I tried it a couple of days ago but didn't end up buying heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back