Sub-$100 full cans?
Nov 9, 2010 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pikaaarrr

New Head-Fier
Hi there, new to head-fi.  After lurking, I finally decided to make an account!

From advice from lurking, I have owned KSC75s, ATH-ES7's, and MEelec M9's.  Unfortunately, my ES7's and the KSC75's both broke, haha.  So, I'm left with a cheap pair of IEM's, which although I like the sound, I realized I'm not a big IEM fan.  I think that the Koss's and the M9's were my favorite soundwise.  The ES7 seemed a little bland, for some reason.

To cut to the chase, I'm looking for budget ($100 max for sure) over-ear headphones.  Isolation and comfort are probably the most important (as well as decent sound).  I listen to a variety of music: rap/pop/electro/classical/folk; no particular one in general.  Probably will be used at home and on the go...long cords would be nice since my soundcard is in the back of my desktop
frown.gif

I was looking at the AKG K181DJ...any ideas?

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 4
It probably won't be worth the trouble since the KSC75 is so cheap, but you can send them to Koss for a replacement. You don't even need a receipt I think.

If you like the KSC75 sound signature I'd suggest trying out the Koss UR-55. Most Best Buy's have them as a demo, but that's not always a good way to try them. They're only $50 and would save you a few dollars. They're a really fun headphone and comfortable. If you think you have a big head, don't get them!

Otherwise you may want to try the M50. I also like my Beyer Dynamic DT-235. They're bass light, but sounds pretty good. Too bad they're so goofy looking, but sound good. At $44 they're a steal. Everyone seems to ignore them for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back