Style plus Sound
Jul 25, 2012 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

The Reminator

New Head-Fier
Hi, i am looking for a set of headphones that are both stylish and have great sound quality, problem is, i really only have a budget of about $200 at max, but preferably under. How i first got into headphones was through Beats by Dre. At first i was like, "Oh, man! These sound awesome!" But that was comingfrom someone whose normal headphones are the stock apple earbuds that came with my iPod. So then i started looking, and i found some cool sony headphones. So i asked for them for my birthday, and my parents got the wrong ones, which were on ear, insted of over ear. So these headphones sound pretty good, and i dont have the heart to tell my parents. So right now, i am about done with them; they arent comfortable, they are really hot, they look fairly ugly when they are on, and stripped down to all the parts, labor and design they probably were made for a total of $1.42. Right now, i am looking for new headphones and got back into the Beats, but ive been reading all of this stuff abouth them not being worth the money and how i could get a way better headset for the price, and stuff like that. Now i am interested in Sennheiser, BeyerDynamic, Audio-Technica and brands like that. But now, some of the headphones arent as pretty as the Beats (my favorite are the Pros) and the pretty ones arent as good of quality as the other ones.

Overall I need:
Good sound quality
Over ear headphones
Sweet looking
Under/About $200

Overall I want:
Good bass
Nice travel case
noise canceling

Thanks!

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 7
Sweet, i'll look into them, and try to find some better deals than the one on amazon (You save: $0.99!). Plus, i dont really need noise canceling since i would have the music turned up anyways, but it'd be a plus. Thanks!

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
The V-Moda M80s are great-looking IMO and they are around $200. They fulfill your criteria except for noise cancelling since they aren't battery powered.

These. No competition. Best portable headphones ~$200. Look so tight too.

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 7
Numark Red Wave. Not perfect, but they are truly an amazing pair of headphones. They look awesome and sound pretty good as well. They have great bass that you can feel and hear, it's like two subwoofers on your ears. Definitely check them out. Amazon: $70.24

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Now i hve it between two. I was origionally comparing the ATH-M50s with the ATH-PRO500MK2 and the PRO500 came out on top. But i was doing some extra research and realized that the main "competitor" is the ATH-PRO700MK2, not the 500s. So now i have been doing some research to find what the differences are. Retail - the 700s go for $230 and the 500s go for $180. On Amazon - the 700s go for $180 and the 500s go for $125, so about $50 either way. But what i want to know, what are the differences for $50? Really, the only thing that i can find, is that the 700s are closed-back and have a little silver strip insted of being all black,but besides that, im not sure if i should pay the extra $50 or not. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back