Study shows that eating meat raises cancer risk
Dec 12, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #31 of 57
Lung cancer? These people need to stop inhaling their food.
tongue.gif

Another advantage to meat free pretzels.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quoted for the second time, and my sentiments as well.

I truly believe they release these "studies" just to watch all the monkeys run around changing their lives according to the new "research", only to reverse it later on and watch the monkeys flail around again. Must be amusing wielding that kind of power over a mass audience.

Strangely enough, I always thought it was the monkeys, I mean sheep, that ate meat in the first place.

The one's wielding the real power are the meat and dairy industry. They've mastered Brainwashing 101, and of course campaign contributions.

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steroids

Yeah, but steroid pizza sounds nasty.

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but steroid pizza sounds nasty.

Yes it does. That's why I eat the other pink meat.

Salmon

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #41 of 57
That means that vegetarians are eternal??? So horses never get cancer or the rabits???
Well if you do a search indeed you will find that in countries where the diet is mainly vegetarian, the standard in life is a lot less....

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #42 of 57
82s9ro6.jpg

cancer? pffft

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #43 of 57
Putting 500 000 on a strict diet is pretty hard, I'd like to have a look at the said diet to know if those on high meat still had a sufficient intake of other things (vegetables and such) to maintain the balance on the other side... aka only varying the meat level and not the vitamins.

Thus said I liked some of the quotes in this thread:
-Some things are worth dying for
-If bacon is wrong I don't want to be right!

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #44 of 57
The reaction here reminds me of the response by smokers to studies linking smoking to lung cancer in the '50s and '60s.

I personally am more concerned with the risk of cancer associated with eating food out of hot plastic containers, since it's pretty easy to avoid if you put half a second of thought into your life. No impact on my lifestyle whatsoever!

I heard one science woman advise people to microwave meat to get it cooked halfway before exposing it to the cooking techniques that create carcinogens. If I ever use a microwave to cook meat please instruct my doctor to up the dose of my Alzheimer's medication, which I'll need because I'm still eating beef with bits of aluminum foil stuck to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back