Studio Beats
Jul 16, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #16 of 24
lol true. The Sennheisers are sweet. I had the HD595 but I just sold them to buy the HD650s (soon) Audio Technica have some awesome full sizers too, my brothers got some sweet ATH-M50 and he swears by them. they are pretty cheap too about £100

Jul 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 24
Yeah I have been hearing plenty of great things about the m50's and I am actually pretty interested in them, my only concern is that the bass isn't heavy enough, they seem to be pretty all around. Not saying I want an overly bassy headphone that ruins mids and highs i just want a bass emphasis

Jul 16, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #18 of 24
Hey e2pathos. I can guarantee you that the M50 will provide plenty of bass. I study upright bass in school and play electric bass on the side, so I can safely say I love my low end of the spectrum too. I also listen to similar styles of music you do, and the M50 provides incredible balance and clarity. I have listened to the Studio Beats; they may have slightly more bass, but do not sound half as good as the M50 (they are far from balanced). The M50 was my first high end headphone and it has been the best investment for music listening/recording I have made. If you decide on them, I'm sure you will love them too.

Jul 16, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Yeah I tend to be very careful with any electronics I have but I heard the case they come with is pretty nice also. Besides overpriced and you could get higher quality for less I still haven't heard enough reasons to break me yet, although those m50's are looking pretty nice.

Please, with the money that you are spending on the beats, you could buy yourself some of the best headphones. The only reason why I am recommending things way under $300 is because the higher end headphones are meant for home use, and doesn't seem to apply to your preference. Better phones like the k601, MS-2, and the hd 600 will eat the beats for breakfast, and then spit them out. Guaranteed.

Jul 16, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #21 of 24
I have been hearing so many good thing's about the m50's and they seem like a great headphone to get as my first pair, somebody said guitar center had them so I am gonna head there and try them out, as of now they are choice # 1

thanks everybody

Jul 17, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #22 of 24
Please make sure they are burnt in. Makes quite a difference, even just 50 hours.

Quote:
I have been hearing so many good thing's about the m50's and they seem like a great headphone to get as my first pair, somebody said guitar center had them so I am gonna head there and try them out, as of now they are choice # 1

thanks everybody

Jul 18, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #23 of 24
Let us know what you get, and also if you know peoples with the Studio Beats compare them at school or whatever and tell us how much your M50 (or other better cans) blew them out of the water. LOL
L3000.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #24 of 24
Yeah problem is I have to wait for christmas or until I get a job to get them so it will be a while, I will post a thread though because my friend has the beats and im leanin heavily towards the m50's id like to compare them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back