stuck between hd558 and the dt770 pro 80ohm
Jul 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

evanchambers

New Head-Fier
[size=small] i have had my 558s for awhile and only used them at home, i bought the dt770 to keep in my laptop bag for when i go to work and use them bc they were closed backs. my original plan was to keep them both but the dt770 are way to big to keep in my bag. i believe the dt770 extremely comfortable which is why i picked them in comparison to the senns, but since the dont fold flat. i have decided to keep one of the two at home. i can just return the dt770 but the 558s i would have to sell.[/size]

[size=small] i mostly listen to punk/pop rock, some hardcoreish, hip hop, and more than often dabble in the orchestral classical music.[/size]

[size=small] main pros of the 558s are sound stage and clarity but lacks the subwoofery bass i think i want.[/size]

[size=small] the dt770 have the bass that i like (a little muddy for rock) but the mids are a little supressed or blanketed by the bass[/size]

[size=small] if you guys had to choose one which would it be, maybe something to keep in mind is i still in a need a of somewhat portable (folding style headphone not for commute) or if there is something that sounds and is as comfortable as the dt770 but the size the 558 or smaller would be great to get. if it exsist a full size hd25-1 would be perfect not as much bass as the dt but has the speed for rock[/size]

[size=small] hd558 or dt770 pro 80 ohm, which is the better all arounder[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] all driven by e17 > MBP;iphones 4S[/size]

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 3
As this is your first post, you probably missed this thread for posting questions like the ones you have posed:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op/16860#post_8557945

As many folks check the above linked established thread, you are more likely to receive more and better help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back