Streaming Audio Devices: review and information thread (Updated 4/23 with JF Digital review)
May 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #136 of 142
Quote:
I will C/P a comment I made in the N-50 review since you probably will have a notification here:

I'd say the N-50 is not too far behind the D100 in terms of sound quality. D100 is better, but not by a massive degree. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, especially now that they have made some updates via firmware which address a few issues. I have no experience with the Fostex for comparison though, sorry.

It's funny - at one point I saw over at Erji.net that Yulong (the designer himself) had an N-50 and liked it. He thought the DAC section was simple but good, though he eventually did some mods to his unit. I can't find the thread though. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #140 of 142
Quote:
I am glad to find this thread.  I have been looking for a music streaming device for awhile now and cannot make the decision which one to buy.  

Which device has the best Android integration?  Thanks.

Well, my focus here started with "stand alone" devices that could be controlled from the front panel. So not all of them were even intended to be controlled via Android or iPad etc. But most of them can do it anyway. It really depends on what app is used - there are dozens of apps that handle UPnP playback. Many of them are focused on audio/video and are therefore a bit too complex for pure audio use imo. But some companies have their own software dedicated to their device only - the Pioneer N50 for example. 

I personally tend to use my iPad rather than an Android tablet or phone, but I do know the Squeezebox Touch (and older Squeezebox devices) have great support across both platforms. Yes, Logitech recently discontinued the Touch and isn't offering a replacement. But that doesn't stop one from using it for a long time - the software is already quite mature. 

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #141 of 142
I have a problem that's driving me crazy!  I'm no "techie" and I'm not sure if you can help me but no one else seems to be able to.  I have an Aluratek internet clock radio, model AIRMM01F which I've had for about 4 years and I'm very happy with it except about 2 years I stopped getting my favorite internet station, Steel Radio.  It's headquartered in St Louis with servers in Warrensburg, Illinois (but I think they have moved the operation to St Louis).  I can receive it fine on my computer and smartphone.  The portal they use is vTuner.  My friend, who lives about 15 miles from me, also stopped getting Steel Radio at the same time.  You have an idea what I can do to get it back?  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back