Strange volume boost on E5 amp
Jan 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AN0INTD

100+ Head-Fier
Hello to all,
I'm not sure if this has been discussed here yet, but the E5 has a strange volume boost (of about 3-6db) if you put the bass boost between the on and off position. Is this an intentional thing? if not, can this potentially harmful for the amp? Thoughts...

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't get this on mine either. However some others have commented that this is an "undocumented" feature. They claim there is a boost in both treble and bass when the bass switch is moved halfway between off and bass boost.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Mine is fairly new Sept. 09.... that might be a difference in design. It's really curious - cool- but definitely curious. And like I mentioned before, I'm a bit nervous to use it since I have no idea if this would mess up the amp. I guess I'll just email the company about it.

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Mine have the feature too...been using it with my Rockboxed Clip with no issue (using relatively sensitive IEMs) for a few months already. Just keep the volume sensible and things should be safe.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #6 of 6
That middle position on the bass boost toggle is not easy to get to.  You have to very carefully try to ONLY move to a center position -- there's no bump for it -- it's just not all the way into the bass boost position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back