Strange crackling with Aurvana Lives
Oct 26, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
I love how it simply being intentional suddenly means it's not bad any more.

who said that? im just saying its used in the voice mixing, not good nor bad, just part of the song.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 20
It's still there.

I'd say the reason the equalizer fixed a bit was because it was simply enhancing the crackling.

This time I noticed it during some high trumpet notes.

Anyway, this ONLY occurs in the right side and doesn't occur when I used the same mp3 player with a different set of headphones. No amount of tape will fix this.

Should I call the retailer or try to open them up and have a look? If so, how can you open them?

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
It's still there.

I'd say the reason the equalizer fixed a bit was because it was simply enhancing the crackling.

This time I noticed it during some high trumpet notes.

Anyway, this ONLY occurs in the right side and doesn't occur when I used the same mp3 player with a different set of headphones. No amount of tape will fix this.

Should I call the retailer or try to open them up and have a look? If so, how can you open them?

if under warranty send it in man.

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #20 of 20

blackzarg said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have Audacity?

If so, open the file using Audacity and you can take a look. During the loud parts of the music - if the ridges touch or go beyond the top and bottom, you're going to get clipping. Many mainstream artists now use compression so their music plays at a consistent level, but the quality definitely decreases.

Also, have you tried listening with another pair of headphones? If it's a headphone of lower quality, you might be able to hear it still, since you're aware of it now.

Thanks for your effort! Nice writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back