Strange Buzzing in Background JVC HA-RX700
Aug 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Screems

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased the JVC HA-RX700's and I noticed a buzzing sound in the background when I plug them in to my computer. I was burning them in last night, could this have screwed up my headphones? Or is this a problem with my computer? Help is much appreciated.  

Edit: I forgot to mention I am plugging the headphones into speakers that are already connected to my computer.

Aug 19, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 7
It's probably a computer noise issue. Are you using integrated sound or a sound card?

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 7
what kind of speakers are they? I know of two related issues with computer audio - if you plug a headphone into a "front headphone jack" of a desktop, you can hear buzzing when something in the computer is working. I saw this both on my Dell (which had its front port connected to integrated sound) and on my X-Fi XtremeMusic (where I connected the front headphone jack into a homemade X-Fi front panel adapter. I would hear buzzing when I moved the mouse, or when the CPU was working.

I also hear an issue with a cheap pair of speakers that are currently connected to the Dell - although in this case, it's more of a very annoying hiss. The hiss is a constant volume no matter what the volume on the speaker is, so it's probably an issue with the speakers themselves.

I do not hear any kind of hiss when I connect headphones to my Logitech X-540 on my desktop.

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Sounds like a ground loop.  You can use a "cheater" plug (no ground pin) to lift ground.  That will tell you if it's a grounding issue.

Aug 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 7
Tried plugging it straight in and the sound still persists. It's a faint hissing sound in the back, it coincides directly with the volume, louder the volume, louder the hiss. I'm not too worried about it anymore as it isn't noticeable when playing audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back