Storm Digital : Includes voluntary tracking.
Jul 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #46 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this is the thread where anyone gets to discuss their thoughts on the Ken/Storm issue, I presume that my presence here is acceptable. If the OP asks, I'll stop posting...

This thread was intended for anyone to post. Post at will...

Jul 19, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

I do think this thread is filled with a lot of misinformation, as evidenced by the most recent post that went up. It clearly got several major facts wrong, which is what happens when people start making absolute statements on issues on which there is little absolute information to be found.

"Little absolute information to be found???" This guy took people's money a long time ago and hasn't done squat except perhaps make an arguable attempt to solicit more orders. It doesn't get more absolute than that.

It doesn't take a weatherman to tell the weather. This guy is a turd.

Jul 19, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This guy ... hasn't done squat except perhaps make an arguable attempt to solicit more orders.

You should have told us that you had satellite reconaissance on Ken's house and you're own private investigator following him to prove this. We would have just asked you for updates! Although why someone who isn't involved in anyway way would do that, I don't know.
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should have told us that you had satellite reconaissance on Ken's house and you're own private investigator following him to prove this. We would have just asked you for updates! Although why someone who isn't involved in anyway way would do that, I don't know.
wink.gif

Wake me up when he ships someone some merchandise. This guy is a disgrace to Head-Fi.

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

"Little absolute information to be found???"

I should have said little new absolute information to be found, an idea I've explained thoroughly in past posts.

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #51 of 63
It seems that the commendable outreach the community of Head-Fi once displayed for the members involved in this fiasco has been replaced with diatribe from every angle. It's baffling to me why some segments of the community aren't willing to follow the lead of the members involved and support them in seeing a resolution to completion in the manner they choose. Disrupting threads where these members gather to share and acquire information is at best rude and, at worst, marginalizes the very people who were affected to begin with.

I don't get it.

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

And I'll refer you back to COEM's response. Here is some of the exact language used by John in the e-mail to you.

I do follow the Storm treads on head-fi, I don't like the latest one...

I have decided not to post in Storm threads, just in case COEM Audio gets dragged in to the mess.

I'm sure someone will say "COEM are in on the scam" or something silly.

COEM didn't just answer your question. If you can't read between the lines and comprehend what John is saying to you, clearly there is something wrong with your ability to process information.

Let me explain my reasoning on the whole endorsement thing. It stands to reason that COEM, in light of the controversy surrounding Ken and his business, would make damn sure they knew who they were dealing with. If COEM suspected Ken of being the ripoff fraud liar you're accusing him to be, it follows that they would probably not be doing business with him. Since they are doing business with him, logic dictates that there is a distinct possibility that they are reasonably sure he's legitimate.

I'm not saying Ken's legitimate. As I've said many times, I don't have that information. I'm just trying to help you digest an e-mail you posted to this thread.

I can see progress here is unlikely. I may stop in for fun once in a while, but for now I am going to leave you people to your Bizarro World Kumbaya.

What I read between the lines is that COEM does not want to get involved in his thread, beyond their answers to my quesitons for which I am greatly appreciative. By going and saying COEM audio knows Ken is a legitimate business, that doesn't put them in a position that judging from the email they most likely wouldn't want.

You are saying something is black. I'm saying it's round. I am not arguing whether or not COEM audio thinks Ken is legitimate and that they don't think this thread is good, and my apologies if I led you to believe oherwise. I am deliberately avoiding putting COEM audio in the position of having to be "pro/against Ken" in the interest of COEM audio, specifically where Jason cites the possibility of someone saying "COEM is in on it!" I posted their reply, and that's where it should end.

There isn't any progress to be made if we're talking about two different things. Nor if we're calling each other stupid. In any case, I am not posting emails confirming Ken's story to make him look bad. My position is that I am welcome to a resolution in this matter, however I don't believe this should be chronicled in such a way on Head-fi as to promote, deliberately or not, further orders. Perhaps once Ken has proven he can follow through, but no when so many forum members have had their money taken from them.

The point of this thread, in my mind, is for people who think this issue's recent turn of events no longer makes it exclusive to a certain number of members. Some people think Head-fi is indirectly supporting a scam operation, some may disagree. I believe that as a resource for both new and experienced audiophiles, the site has some level of responsiblity. You won't make any enemies from me, and I welcome your continued discussion.

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

"Little absolute information to be found???" This guy took people's money a long time ago and hasn't done squat except perhaps make an arguable attempt to solicit more orders. It doesn't get more absolute than that.

It doesn't take a weatherman to tell the weather. This guy is a turd.

QFT

Superpredator, you're arguing internet philosophy that doesn't matter at all. For my part, I don't post pics to advertise, as would be the case for most of us, and yet, it has that effect anyway. Why this matters at all, I have no idea. New orders are wanted, old orders aren't fullfilled, and you want to argue...what point? I don't get it....

What I wonder is, let's pretend that Ken is 100% telling the truth. Is there anyway to redeem himself? Do we as a group have that much mercy? Will that question ultimately be a moot point?

Jul 19, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #55 of 63
A new email from COEM, sheds light, again in Ken's favor. (Given that I won't touch the other thread so as not to ruin any discussion over there). Let's keep the Coem/Ken discussion to a minimum, if we could. They've been very helpful.

I hope you don't mind that I keep emailing you about the Storm stuff.
Just wanted to answer your latest question:
"edit: I'd really like to know where Hugz was in the order queue. Nothing against Hugz, either. When I asked Ken directly amongst other things, he just said he wasn't reading this thread anymore."

hugz was never in Ken's order queue, he has been a customer of mine from way back and has always planned to buy a Storm DAC directly off me.
I am pretty certain hugz will be buying that black Pandora, and the other silver Pandora I have has been paid for by another customer of mine (not a head-fi) member.

-John

I certainly don't mind posting emails, as I'm not arguing whether or not Ken is dishonest. Either you think telling stories, pushing release dates, and stopping all contact until an impending investigation is dishonest, or you don't.

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #56 of 63
I've edited my original post to include the status of the DACs. This should be helpful in keeping a running total for those who are interested...and to give non-impacted parties an idea about how Storm ultimately handles customer service on these transactions.

If you'd like to be added, please send me a PM with the following information: User name, category to put you in, order date (MM-YY), and resolution date (MM-YY, as applicable).

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryn Alexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A new email from COEM, sheds light....

-Jason

Who's Jason? The COEM AU I'm talking about is run by two guys named Daniel and John. Nos such elephant as Jason.

Ben.

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #58 of 63
What’s missing is the true number of people actually involved in this.

Your listing below is less than useless

Resolved by member or unresolved
Unresolved (0): DAC or refund not received.
Resolved (1): Refund received from Paypal or credit card dispute: Daryn Alexander.

Resolved with Storm
Resolved (0): DAC received.
Resolved (0): Refund received from Storm.

Talk about a witch hunt- does anyone have a true number of people effected or are you guys hallucinating?

Blitz you make this seem like a personal vendetta since you’re involved in this.

Mitch

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What’s missing is the true number of people actually involved in this.

Your listing below is less than useless

Resolved by member or unresolved
Unresolved (0): DAC or refund not received.
Resolved (1): Refund received from Paypal or credit card dispute: Daryn Alexander.

Resolved with Storm
Resolved (0): DAC received.
Resolved (0): Refund received from Storm.

Talk about a witch hunt- does anyone have a true number of people effected or are you guys hallucinating?

Blitz you make this seem like a personal vendetta since you’re involved in this.

Mitch

Mitch...it's the beginnings of a list. Of course it's not useful yet.

I'm only including people who would like me to, so it will ultimately be as comprehensive as the affected parties would like it to be.

I'm not really concerned about how this seems or appears...I'm trying to provide information that people may find helpful in evaluating how Storm handles customer issues.

Jul 19, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to provide information that people may find helpful in evaluating how Storm handles customer issues.

Regardless of the final outcome I think it's readily apparent already how Storm/Ken handles customer issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back