Storm Digital, anything on the horizon?
Jun 7, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #46 of 104
I really doubt hes trying to "take money" from anybody. He doesnt have anything to gain from it. Its already a small operation. Regarding the other negative feedback,some people just dont know how to conduct business online (not directing that toward you aksolanki). You dont know what the circumstances were with the other buyer.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #47 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty
I really doubt hes trying to "take money" from anybody. He doesnt have anything to gain from it. Its already a small operation. Regarding the other negative feedback,some people just dont know how to conduct business online (not directing that toward you aksolanki). You dont know what the circumstances were with the other buyer.

From the feedback that does not look good.I have sold over 80 items on audiogon with perfect feedback.Many times i had to spend extra money for packing .I made sure no matter what i got the package out to the person that purchased it.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #48 of 104
Quote:

I know the other buyer because he contacted me and said he was going to report Ken to ebay, and suggested I might do the same, but also the great thing about eBay is that you can see a users complete history.

Myself and the other user have prefect records, where as Ken decided not to trade after he got two negative feedback points.

Anyway, Ken apologised when I called him on Monday and said he would ship my DAC out. But when I asked for a response to my email I never got one. I get the feeling he told me he would ship the DAC because I had him on the phone.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, please accept my apologies if I am sceptical about Ken Law. I feel he thought the matter was over because I haven't tried to contact him in the past few months. But when I saw he was selling DAC's like the one I have paid for, I just got angry and thought I am not gonna let him get away with this.

All the best,

Anil.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #49 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by aksolanki
I know the other buyer because he contacted me and said he was going to report Ken to ebay, and suggested I might do the same, but also the great thing about eBay is that you can see a users complete history.

Myself and the other user have prefect records, where as Ken decided not to trade after he got two negative feedback points.

Anyway, Ken apologised when I called him on Monday and said he would ship my DAC out. But when I asked for a response to my email I never got one. I get the feeling he told me he would ship the DAC because I had him on the phone.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, please accept my apologies if I am sceptical about Ken Law. I feel he thought the matter was over because I haven't tried to contact him in the past few months. But when I saw he was selling DAC's like the one I have paid for, I just got angry and thought I am not gonna let him get away with this.

All the best,

Anil.

You will get your DAC soon, I will make sure of it.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #50 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathriel
I've been in quite a bit of contact with Ken, he would probably classify me as his most annoying customer. The D03 is a cheaper version of the D01 without the external clock both will have USB. There is also a tube headphone amp possibly on the horizion (vaguely based on the Gilmore bamaslama) and possibly an i2s transport as well.

Vaguely based on the KG Bamaslama eh? I wonder where he got that idea from.
evil_smiley.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by stefan
That's what I've gathered too. Having USB>I2S chops out the SPDIF in the middle. USB may not be the best solution, but at the moment USB>I2S is being tapped as the best there is at the moment for PC audio.

I think that a wireless source [squeezebox, airport express, etc] with a hacked clock signal jack would be just as good if not better. With the DAC acting as the master clock, most if not all of the issues with the SPDIF format are addressed. This is the route that I plan to go with both of my transports. Still not sure if I will mod the Lavry or get a new DAC that has the capability to act as clock Master... right now I am looking at the LessLoss DAC, and now this new Storm DAC.

So many choices.
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #51 of 104
aksolanki, the actions you've been describing do not seem anything like what I've been experiencing from my dealings with Ken. He's always been very helpful and has been doing everything possible to ensure I'm a happy customer.

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #52 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
aksolanki, the actions you've been describing do not seem anything like what I've been experiencing from my dealings with Ken. He's always been very helpful and has been doing everything possible to ensure I'm a happy customer.

Same here. He's very often in MSN and always helpful if I have something to ask.

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #53 of 104
"Same here. He's very often in MSN and always helpful if I have something to ask." I second that. He's a really great guy, but unfortunately like a lot of small audio manufacturers, they are better engineers than they are salesmen. Ken is a great guy who has to divide his time between building, R and D, and most importantly, his family. His email is flaky, but if he is on MSN he ALWAYS responds not matter how annoying you are (like me hehe).

Jun 7, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #55 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by King Saul
Fingers cross I should get mine soon, it been on order just over three weeks now, keep checking my email everyday for any confirmation its been sent out.

Final destination - UK.

So looking forward to getting it...

As it is a handmade product, it takes a certain amount of time to build and ship
biggrin.gif

But it's world class, for sure...

Jun 7, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #56 of 104
Everytime you make comments like that Akwok, the more impatient I get to order one
icon10.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #57 of 104
Quote:

Everytime you make comments like that Akwok, the more impatient I get to order one
icon10.gif

You mean.. comments like..

"The D02 performs very well in my ES-1 + OII setup, and puts up a good fight (and ultimately winning) against the Ack Dack 2.0"?

biggrin.gif

Hehehe...
evil_smiley.gif

By the way, battery vs. AC is now very evident in my system - I guess the 007t was mucking up the potential of the D02.

Jun 7, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #58 of 104
Yes... comments just like that...
tongue.gif

Whats the 007t?

Jun 7, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #59 of 104
Jun 7, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #60 of 104
Questions about the tubed output DAC [D01, I think]:

EDIT: Make that D03. So the product line goes like this in terms of fidelity? D03 > D01 > D02 ??? If so, that is weird.
confused.gif

- It says it uses the PCM1702/4... is that the same DAC as in the lessloss? They just say PCM1704 on their site.

- I remember reading it has balanced outputs. The PCM1704 does not have differential output. Is there an OPAMP or transformer being used to invert the phase, or are multiple PCM1704's being used to accomplish this feat?

- Any chance of getting a volume control so that driving headphones directly would be possible?

- What kind of tubes does it use for the output stage.

Note: I am about to read back through the thread to see if any of these questions have already been answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back