Storm Digital, anything on the horizon?
Jun 9, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #91 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I generally like my transactions to be flawless. Especially when it is $500 being sent overseas.

So even though you talk to him personally, you're still probably not going to be buying anything from him? I totally understand what you're saying though...I'm very weary of sending that kind of money over seas now too. I guess I'm just really disappointed to be hearing these kinds of feedback. I was really looking forward to getting one of these DACs. I mean maybe I still can. Guess we'll just have to wait and see whats comes from all this.

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #92 of 104
Well I wouldn't give up the hope just yet. I'm sure akwok will help you guys in getting your dacs. This feedback is very unfortunate for sure but there are also many succesfull deals (like mine, elneros and akwoks + many others not from Head-Fi).

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #93 of 104
Hi Patu,

I hope you are right, it has been over a year now since I sent money to Ken, and he has had plenty of time to do the right thing.

I will give him one final chance to correct this situation and keep his current commitment to me. After which point if I don't receive my DAC, then I will do everything in my power to make his life difficult, for as long as possible.

All the best,

Anil.

Jun 9, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #94 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
This thread has made me rethink my choice in DACs. I talk to Ken a lot during the week and he is extremely honest with me about his products. I only hope these problems are resolved soon.

I'm hoping to order the smaller DAC when it is released. Hopefully the issues will be resolved and we can all rest easy with ordering a DAC from Ken.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #95 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty
So even though you talk to him personally, you're still probably not going to be buying anything from him? I totally understand what you're saying though...I'm very weary of sending that kind of money over seas now too. I guess I'm just really disappointed to be hearing these kinds of feedback. I was really looking forward to getting one of these DACs. I mean maybe I still can. Guess we'll just have to wait and see whats comes from all this.

I am just a bit leary now when I was not a few weeks ago. $500 is a lot of money to me. Could be a new set of cans or something. Food even.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #96 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
I'm hoping to order the smaller DAC when it is released. Hopefully the issues will be resolved and we can all rest easy with ordering a DAC from Ken.

I hate playing the waiting game but such is life.

How you doing my friend?

Jun 10, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #97 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by aksolanki
Hi Patu,

I hope you are right, it has been over a year now since I sent money to Ken, and he has had plenty of time to do the right thing.

I will give him one final chance to correct this situation and keep his current commitment to me. After which point if I don't receive my DAC, then I will do everything in my power to make his life difficult, for as long as possible.

All the best,

Anil.

Hi Anil and other members,

I am another unfortunate person who has paid Ken Law for a D02 and have received nothing.

Ken was extremely helpful and informative initially and I had lots of e-mail and photos from him which gave me every confidence in him and his products. He got to the point where he said he would ship my DAC within a couple of days and then everything went quiet. I kept e-mailing and sending him messages via his website but got no response. I thought that this was very odd because he had been so helpful prior to this so I decided to phone him and managed to contact him in China. He said that the units were virtually complete but that he was waiting for the display modules. A couple more weeks went by and I heard no more so I sent more e-mails and messages to Ken but as yet he hasn't responded.

I am beginning to think that he has run into some sort of problem with his business but remaining silent is not the answer, it is only aggrevating the situation. If anyone knows what is happening then please post on this forum as there are individuals thinking of involving the police and it would be a shame if Ken was in some sort of difficulty that could be resolved with a bit more time if this should happen but I can commiserate with those people who have been waiting an awful long time having paid their money, especially Anil.

John (UK)

Jun 10, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #98 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
As of now, this all rests on Ken - there's nothing I can do to remedy the situation, except to wait it out and hope that he fixes these problems.

This is extremely aggravating and frustrating for me.

Hi Adrian,

As you appear to have a closer connection to Ken Law than most others, can you tell the increasing numbers of people who have paid for and not received their DACs, what is happening here. It has become apparent to me that it is not just people like me who have been waiting a just a couple of months but this problem extends back to over a year in the case of Anil.
I initially thought that he might be having some sort of business problems but because this has been happening over quite a long period my feelings are now mixed. There are people talking about getting the Hong Kong police involved so I think Ken needs to make his position very clear and to supply all his outstanding orders ASAP.
We need answers very soon or I, for one, will be joining Anil and the others in taking some more drastic action. I DO NOT like being taken for a "ride".

John (UK)

Jun 10, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #99 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeecee
Hi Adrian,

As you appear to have a closer connection to Ken Law than most others, can you tell the increasing numbers of people who have paid for and not received their DACs, what is happening here. It has become apparent to me that it is not just people like me who have been waiting a just a couple of months but this problem extends back to over a year in the case of Anil.
I initially thought that he might be having some sort of business problems but because this has been happening over quite a long period my feelings are now mixed. There are people talking about getting the Hong Kong police involved so I think Ken needs to make his position very clear and to supply all his outstanding orders ASAP.
We need answers very soon or I, for one, will be joining Anil and the others in taking some more drastic action. I DO NOT like being taken for a "ride".

John (UK)

Unfortunately, I have nothing to say, since I have not been able to get a hold of him in the last few days.

-Adrian

Jun 10, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #100 of 104
Nevermind.

I got a hold of him - he is still sick, but he assures me that they will be going out in the next few days. Only time will tell -- if you wish to wait a week or two later and see what's going on, that'd be great; otherwise, feel free to do what you need to do. I know you guys are aggravated that you've had to wait so long, and there honestly is no excuse for his behaviour, but if possible give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer and see if he can put up to his end of the bargain. He said he will ship Anil's DAC on Monday, and the same for the rest of the AWOL DACs. If he doesn't, then do whatever is necessary.

I still do think he is legitimate, and 2-3 months was what elnero and Patu had to wait (with constant persuasion on my part to get Ken to ship). Again, I know this is unacceptable, and I'm sure he's trying, but whether he's trying hard enough remains to be seen.

-Adrian

Jun 11, 2006 at 11:34 AM Post #101 of 104
I'm talking with Ken in MSN at the moment. He sent this picture me and said these are ready to ship next week.

D02_800.jpg

So just a little bit more patience.

Jun 13, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #102 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok

I know you guys are aggravated that you've had to wait so long, and there honestly is no excuse for his behaviour, but if possible give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer and see if he can put up to his end of the bargain.

-Adrian

Benefit of the doubt after another customer is ignored after a year of waiting??? Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me for a year... what's left?
basshead.gif
Glad I read this thread... I was thinking about placing an order.

Jun 13, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #103 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssuh
Benefit of the doubt after another customer is ignored after a year of waiting??? Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me for a year... what's left?
basshead.gif
Glad I read this thread... I was thinking about placing an order.

Hi ssuh,

Yes it has been over a year, but I think I can safely say, this isn't typical of the time a customer would have to wait if they ordered from Ken now. My situation was slightly more complicated than normal, and Ken has apologised and admitted his mistake.

As a gesture of reconciliation, he has upgraded my DAC at no extra cost, which I should hopefully receive soon. So when I get it I will be posting back here with a conclusion to my NOS DAC journey, and from what I have read on these forums, this DAC is quite something special.

All the best,

Anil.
(The most patient customer the world has ever seen?)

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #104 of 104
Ken seems to be getting his crap together which is very reassuring to me. I just need to see some more reviews when you guys get your D02s. Glad to see this problem has been or is being resolved. Good work to akwok in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back