Storm Digital, anything on the horizon?
Jun 9, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #77 of 104
I just heard from a trusted business associate in Singapore to whom I recommended the Digital Storm D02. Based on my recommendation he ordered and paid for a D02 over two months ago.

Here is the message I received from him today.

"Do beware that Ken has not delivered my DAC after 2 months and repeated phone calls and promised ship dates. He doesn't answer my calls or mails anymore.

I saw on the forum also today that there is another "customer" who is waiting for his after 7 months. I also responded by saying we need to contact HK Police.

I will give Ken a couple of days to react before doing it though. HK Police website has a cybercrime email address."

I hope Ken or Akwok will contact me by private e-mail with an airbill or tracking number for shipment on the D02 he has promised to ship to "KC" in Singapore.

In the meantime, I suggest that people look at the number of unfulfilled orders that are discussed here and on E-Bay before sending more money to Ken. http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...rid=legoman_hk

I hope this is resolve quickly, as I am embarrassed by my recommendation to a professional colleague.

Sincerely /Daniel

Jun 9, 2006 at 11:08 AM Post #78 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by daniels5
I just heard from a trusted business associate in Singapore to whom I recommended the Digital Storm D02. Based on my recommendation he ordered and paid for a D02 over two months ago.

Here is the message I received from him today.

"Do beware that Ken has not delivered my DAC after 2 months and repeated phone calls and promised ship dates. He doesn't answer my calls or mails anymore.

I saw on the forum also today that there is another "customer" who is waiting for his after 7 months. I also responded by saying we need to contact HK Police.

I will give Ken a couple of days to react before doing it though. HK Police website has a cybercrime email address."

I hope Ken or Akwok will contact me by private e-mail with an airbill or tracking number for shipment on the D02 he has promised to ship to "KC" in Singapore.

In the meantime, I suggest that people look at the number of unfulfilled orders that are discussed here and on E-Bay before sending more money to Ken. http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...rid=legoman_hk

I hope this is resolve quickly, as I am embarrassed by my recommendation to a professional colleague.

Sincerely /Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems. I have been waiting over a year now, but thanks to Adrian Kwok, better known as 'akwok' on these forums. I might be getting my DAC, he has been liaising between Ken and myself and assures me after talking to Ken, Ken will ship my DAC out next Monday.

Soon after Adrian spoke to Ken, Ken sent me an email confirming he would be shipping my DAC out on Monday. I however received an email today from a guy in the UK called Jon who said he has been waiting over 2 months for his DAC 2.0, and even after repeated assurances via phone calls to Ken, he is still waiting.

This is no way to treat customers, but he seems to be getting better, only time will tell. Hopefully with help from Adrian we can avoid getting the HK police involved.

Ken has shipped some DAC's, so he is making them, it isn't a scam. He is just really bad at customer service and shipping things in a timely manner. However if I don't receive my DAC two weeks from next Monday, I will then take it to the next stage.

Which will involve the HK police, and I might even go over to HK, because there is no way I will let someone get away with stealing from me. Not a chance in hell.

I want to look on the bright side, which is Adrian Kwok, he has been very helpful, and seems to me, to be an honourable and honest person. Everybody makes mistakes, fact of life. Lets see how Ken decides to rectify this growing list of unhappy customers.

All the best,

Anil K Solanki

Jun 9, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #79 of 104
I really hope all this gets resolved. I had my heart set on ordering one of these DACs but I'm starting to get weary with these negative comments.

I think its great that there is someone like Akwok to moderate but imo if you're going to start a business like this, you should be able to deal with customers on your own. Right now, if I wanted to order one of these DACs, I wouldnt feel totally comfortable simply dealing with Ken. I almost feel like Id also have to talk with Akwok since he has a direct line to this guy. And I dont think thats good.

Jun 9, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #80 of 104
As of now, this all rests on Ken - there's nothing I can do to remedy the situation, except to wait it out and hope that he fixes these problems.

This is extremely aggravating and frustrating for me.

Jun 9, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #81 of 104
That would be sad to get the police involved.Hope it does not come to that.Storm looks like a nice product and should have a good future.But poor customer support has killed alot of companies.

Jun 9, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #82 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
But poor customer support has killed alot of companies.

That makes me wonder how Eddies store is still up and running.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #83 of 104
This thread has made me rethink my choice in DACs. I talk to Ken a lot during the week and he is extremely honest with me about his products. I only hope these problems are resolved soon.

Jun 9, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #84 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
That makes me wonder how Eddies store is still up and running.
rolleyes.gif

Have not had any problems with eddie.He has been running his store for many years now.

Jun 9, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #85 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
This thread has made me rethink my choice in DACs.

How so?

Jun 9, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #86 of 104
Quote:

Have not had any problems with eddie.He has been running his store for many years now.

Good for you. I have.

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #89 of 104
Quote:

On a side note patu--how is your storm sounding.You have had plenty of time to break it in now.
biggrin.gif

It sounds very good. Soundstage has opened up a bit more and it has a little bit smoother sound now. I should try Juli@'s analog output some day. I shortly tried it like a month ago and it was totally crappy compared to D02. But it was only a few minutes.

Jun 9, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #90 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty
How so?

I generally like my transactions to be flawless. Especially when it is $500 being sent overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back