Stop using DHL, ibasso!
Apr 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #31 of 93
I'm confused which is nothing new but I thought DHL ceased US if not NA operations in Jan of '09. I know the international company I work for in the US terminated our DHL account and sent us UPS shippers and acct. # and told us to destroy DHL shippers as of Jan. 1.

Where are iBasso products made/assembled and shipped from?

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #32 of 93
iBasso products ship from Hong Kong.
I live in Europe and my amp arrived within three days, with FedEx.
iBasso gave me a tracking number and packed the amp very well.
No complains here at all.
Geo

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #33 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by selkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
contra: I know we live in the 21st century, but consider this: delivery guys does not walk around with hightech GPS gadgets in their hands, so only when the guy finished his shift at around 7 pm and went back to the delivery center, updated the status of your order..

in the US, ups has what they call 'DIAD boards'. those are the things that have lcd, touch screens and GPS (!) on them.

UPS knows exactly where their drivers are, to the point of not having much privacy at all anymore (from what I've read on the UPS employee public forum forums).

the DIAD board knows all, tells all
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #34 of 93
That makes no sense at all that they ship from HK to US via DHL which has no ground capabilities in the US but they ship FEDEX in EU where DHL operates.

Makes no never mind to me. Unless they have a US presence for customer support and service, I will look elsewhere.

Apr 24, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #36 of 93
for some reason my shipment doesn't exist in dubai :| even though its here.

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #37 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjames8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That makes no sense at all that they ship from HK to US via DHL which has no ground capabilities in the US but they ship FEDEX in EU where DHL operates.

Makes no never mind to me. Unless they have a US presence for customer support and service, I will look elsewhere.

I have had several DHL shipments come from overseas and then delivered by USPS.

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #38 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Troisanneaux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iBasso products ship from Hong Kong.
I live in Europe and my amp arrived within three days, with FedEx.
iBasso gave me a tracking number and packed the amp very well.
No complains here at all.
Geo

Mine arrived in USA in 3 days via DHL. But, the iBasso box inside the DHL plastic bag was smashed. Not evidence of physical damage to the unit. 3 days later the input jack is now bad. Sound only comes out from the right side unless you press jack hard into the input. Then blue LED flashes.
iBasso has excellent service- new unit on its way.

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #39 of 93
Smashed box and bad jack. Makes me want to buy one. Let us know when you get your replacement unit and if it works.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #40 of 93
HA i love this thread .. i'm thinking of buying a T4 and a little over a year ago i bought a Dell XPS 720 .. HUGE steel case ... the box the computer came it weighed 80 lbs or something with all the extras .. i paid Alot for 3 day shipping and the website showed that they tried to deliver it on the 3rd day BUT my in law was home all day long and nobody ever showed up .. the next day i called them at 4pm and the woman said they lost the box .. on the 5th day it magically appeared and was delivered at like 5pm
frown.gif
i'm very hesitant to buy anything shipped through DHL

Apr 28, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #41 of 93
All the package frt. companys stink. UPS has been showing "out for delivery" for two days on some AT portable cans I ordered Thurs. of last week from NJ to NC. Those cans have been in my town in NC since last Friday night and it is Tuesday afternoon. If I have UPS deliver to my office the package comes in smashed and if I have them deliver to my home it takes 24 to 48 hrs. longer. Just be advised again the DHL NO LONGER DOES BUSINESS IN THE US. They are brokering the frt to another carrier at some point. You will play hell with a claim thru them.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #42 of 93
Quote:

Smashed box and bad jack. Makes me want to buy one. Let us know when you get your replacement unit and if it works.

Sorry guys. I stand corrected. It does work. As this is my first amp/dac I didnt have an array of cables to lay with. My buddy gave me a nice cable and that was it. The cheap cable iBasso gives you is.....cheap. I cut it in half and threw it in the garbage. So no need for a replacement. And it sounds even better with a high quality interconnect cable!
p.s the box was smashed, but the boxes are a little thin and easily smashed. The contents were fine.

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #43 of 93
Quote:

All the package frt. companys stink. UPS has been showing "out for delivery" for two days on some AT portable cans I ordered Thurs. of last week from NJ to NC. Those cans have been in my town in NC since last Friday night and it is Tuesday afternoon. If I have UPS deliver to my office the package comes in smashed and if I have them deliver to my home it takes 24 to 48 hrs. longer. Just be advised again the DHL NO LONGER DOES BUSINESS IN THE US. They are brokering the frt to another carrier at some point. You will play hell with a claim thru them.

DHL has delivered to me both times...in San Francisco. The 2nd time, the box was indeed smashed, but everything was fine.

May 2, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #44 of 93
I have ordered two D2 Boas in the last few weeks and both had smashed boxes inside the plastic envelopes. They both came via DHL. DHL still delivers international in the USA. As for the above post - the hub for the SF Bay area is in Fremont. Im not sure if this is DHL's normal practice, but not good. Attached below are pics of the boxes. Fortunately the contents inside have had no damage. iBasso either needs to stop using DHL or use more durable boxes.

May 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #45 of 93
This is not DHL's fault.

Mine looked the same, as well as other's here. I wrote iBasso and told them that this box was not adequate in just an envelope, to travel halfway around the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back