Stop using DHL, ibasso!
May 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #46 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is not DHL's fault.

Mine looked the same, as well as other's here. I wrote iBasso and told them that this box was not adequate in just an envelope, to travel halfway around the world.

I would say it both parties fault. If you are a shipper with something in a soft pack you would think you would handle with a little more care. And iBasso for not using a more durable box. I would say this would probably happen with UPS as well. FedEx sems to handle their packages with extreme care.

May 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #47 of 93
Now I know why DHL went out of business for domestic deliveries.

Courier missed delivery twice already. Once yesterday since they tried to deliver at 7:00pm to a business address (which they're supposed to deliver before 4:30pm per the customer service reps). Same story today. No delivery or attempt yet and that's with them setting a note to have the courier attempt delivery before 4:30. Asked them to hold it at the station so that I can pick it up during lunch tomorrow.

It took roughly 26 hours to make it from HK to NY but it's going to be roughly an additional 72 hours before I can have my hands on the package because of the actual courier. I've never had this problem with UPS, FedEx or EMS.

Almost tempted to wait around the office area to see if a DHL truck even bothers showing up to attempt a delivery today.

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #48 of 93
WOW!

4:40PM - I get home from work (Early)

4:45PM - I check DHL (iBasso sent it out last night). Surprised it's already in Canada. I message my friend on MSN and tell her that I was surprised at the speed of delivery.

4:46PM - DING DONG. I get to the door... It's a guy from DHL! Not only that, he was in one of my classes some semesters ago!

L3000.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #49 of 93
x-posted and expanded from a couple of posts in a thread in the portable amps forum:

Ordered D10 on the 1st of June, received e-mail asking me to confirm shipping address on the 3rd, and received on Monday, June 8th. I never did receive any kind of notification of shipment or tracking number. Received in the standard DHL plastic envelope.

As others have remarked, the box looked like hell, but everything inside seems to be intact/functional.

Basically, I'd like to see a place to enter a shipping address on the iBasso site, as they evidently don't believe what Paypal says. Either that, or make it clear that they want the shipping address. I'd also like to receive a tracking number, or at very minimum, a notification of shipment e-mail.

Again, I don't really have any serious issues with how it all went down, it was just a smidgen frustrating/annoying to have to confirm the shipping address that was plainly shown in the Paypal info, and not receive any notification that it had shipped.

I can't complain about the speed of shipment, nor the condition of the product inside the box. That's what the box is for, after all, protection during shipment.

The address I entered in the form on iBasso's web site was a mailing address, not the shipping address I wanted. I did not see any indication that it was supposed to be a shipping address, and I expected to click "next" and go to another form for a shipping address. As I recall, it took me to Paypal instead, and I entered my preferred shipping address there.

I would only have very minor reservations about ordering another item from iBasso for the above stated reasons.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #50 of 93
i used to ship alot of stuff and everyone always says ups/fedex/dhl/usps is better, i think a company is just better until somthing happens to you, unfortunately things do happen but my favorite is usps as they visit most houses/businesses daily anwyays and people are ready for them

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #51 of 93
i was actually about to order iBasso T4 but from what im reading i dont think i'll be getting it. I have a lot of problem with couriers specially UPS. im just gonna wait for K_19 to sell his ^_^

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #52 of 93
DHL has always been utter crap. Just got my D10. First day I was "supposed" to receive it I got the famous "Recipant not home" even though I was home all day. They obviously didn't try since I can see the street nor did I have any delivery note.

Aug 7, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #53 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColStripe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DHL has always been utter crap. Just got my D10. First day I was "supposed" to receive it I got the famous "Recipant not home" even though I was home all day. They obviously didn't try since I can see the street nor did I have any delivery note.

Exact same thing happened to me. And I told iBasso in the paypal notes to ship EMS, because you can actually ask them for that. But that was ignored... Fortunately I still got my package and now I'm enjoying my D10.

Sep 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #54 of 93
I thought the OP was maybe being a tad harsh about DHL until now. I purchased a D10 from iBasso on Friday the 18th. I received an email from Paypal informing me that my transaction was completed on that day, and then on the following Tuesday I received an email from iBasso giving me a DHL tracking number and informing me that my package had shipped.

Its now Friday the 25th, and though I'm probably being a bit impatient I went ahead and tried to track my package through DHL's website. DHL's website claims that there are no shipments found with my tracking number. I called DHL and they confirm that yes, there are no shipments found with that tracking number. I just replied back to iBasso who I'm sure will resolve the issue, but its a little unnerving all the same...

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #55 of 93
@adrift: I'm exactly in the same situation, also paid the 18 and received the DHL tracking las tuesday. Hope it arrives soon, I'm dying to get it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #56 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@adrift: I'm exactly in the same situation, also paid the 18 and received the DHL tracking las tuesday. Hope it arrives soon, I'm dying to get it
smily_headphones1.gif

Very interesting. Keep me updated, and I'll do the same.

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #58 of 93
Well as expected iBasso is working to make this right. I received an email from them today telling me that apparently DHL delayed the shipment (it sounds like maybe without iBasso's knowledge), and when iBasso called them to sort it out DHL promised that shipping information would be available by Monday the 28th. Phew... so there's a sigh of relief.

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #59 of 93
Well this is fairly disturbing. I had been planning to order a D2+ but considering the state of the boxes that are arriving, combined with the fact that iBasso is apparently taking another extended holiday and this device won't ship until next week sometime, turns me off from buying from them.

It's really too bad they don't have a north american source for these.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #60 of 93
Well after 11 days of waiting, I'm happy to report that the D10 has finally shipped. It finally departed the facility in Hong Kong about an hour and a half ago. Jeesh, after all the reports from folks on this forum that they received their products in 2 to 4 days I wasn't really prepared to wait this long. Ohwell. Hope its worth it.

Edit: 9/30/09 update - Just wanted to give everyone an update on my issue. Got the amp today and it sounds great. After contacting iBasso about the issue it only took DHL two days to get it to me. Really surprised how fast they were able to deliver it once they finally picked it up. I mean, this thing is coming from Hong Kong!!! So on one hand, yeah I had to wait on it, but I'm glad it got here within a decent amount of time. The packaging was in perfect shape as well. I took photos so I'll post those later. Zai, I hope everything turned out okay for you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back