Stop recommending gear you've never heard: rant warning
Nov 30, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #16 of 316
Boomana, I totally concur with the basic tenet of what you have stated which I believe is "Don't personally recommend something you have never heard." Duggeh's rider to Boomana's initial post is well put as well.

When I started down the Head-fi road last year, it added a lot of effort to my research to figure out who was talking from experience, and who was talking through their posterior.

Again, Boomana and Duggeh, well stated. I hope that some take note. At the same time I hope that this does not curb people's enthusiasm to participate in what is the best online community I have become part of.

cheers
Simon

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #17 of 316
to me, it's obvious that for the most part you should only comment about gear you own, owned, or have listened to enough to form a reasonable opinion about. and for all other occasions, you should qualify your statements so as to not mislead anyone.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #19 of 316
Vicki,

Will you be my intraweb GF?
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #23 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No! She's Mine, Dammit!

It's true. I'm grawk's intraweb fiancée pending his wife's approval.

But that doesn't mean I don't play around.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #26 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't agree more, although I have been guilty of this in the past.

In the past? You post opinions in the cables forum every day without having heard the product in question.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #27 of 316
If it's a very basic newbie question like what's a good beginner amp for a Grado, I will say almost any budget amp is fine because I really do believe that most budget amps are fine for a cheaper Grado for a beginner.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #28 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's a very basic newbie question like what's a good beginner amp for a Grado, I will say almost any budget amp is fine because I really do believe that most budget amps are fine for a cheaper Grado for a beginner.

Bullhooey.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #29 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vicki,

Will you be my intraweb GF?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

No! She's Mine, Dammit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happens on the web, stays on the web.
wink.gif

Great post by the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's true. I'm grawk's intraweb fiancée pending his wife's approval.

But that doesn't mean I don't play around.

Quote:

replace "approval" with "unfortunate untimely expiration"
smily_headphones1.gif

What is going on here. Guys, the saying is what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. What happens on the web, stays all over the web.
biggrin.gif

Let's see if I understand this, Vicki is on a rampage (bithchy) and you guys want her to be your intraweb fiancee, girlfriend. Aren't you both married, don't you get enough of that already?
biggrin.gif

Vicki, are these two gentlemen (using the term lightly) bothering you? If so, I know some local muscle that will take care of the problem.

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #30 of 316
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vicki, are these two gentlemen (using the term lightly) bothering you? If so, I know some local muscle that will take care of the problem.

Excellent. I need a body guard in my stable. Thanks, Mike.

I have been bitchy today...hmmm...but that doesn't mean I don't mean it!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back