Stocking Stuffers for Tweakers
Dec 13, 2001 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18
Well, I just ordered more stocking stuffers for myself from Audio Asylum.
wink.gif
  1. ProGold (a bigger 25 mL bottle -- yes, I've already used half my 7.4 mL bottle thanks to a Valdez-like spill, as well as for my cable reviews)
  2. Two packs of Caig cotton lint-free cleaning cloths
  3. Two packs of Caig polypropylene cleaning cloths
  4. XLO Reference Recordings Test & Burn In CD
My last tweaky stocking stuffer should be the new Cardas XLR caps to cover my headphone jacks on my Max when they're not being used.

Anybody else getting any cable or tweak stocking stuffers for the holidays?

Dec 13, 2001 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 18
Speaking of thise, where can I get good RCA plugs in bulk without having to mortgage my home?

Same goes for 30ish AWG teflon-coated silver cable.

ANd, while I'm at it, cheap thick-walled 4::1 Teflon shrink-wrap.

Someone should also sell a Vishay resistor package that has various sizes.

Dec 13, 2001 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 18
speaking of ProGold, The Parts Connection has 7.4 mL bottles for $9.50, which is easily the cheapest anywhere (Audio Advisor sells 'em for $20). I also grabbed some Ultralink video cables with F-connectors (to hook up the digital cable boxes to the wall outlet) and some of that Auric Illuminator CD treatment stuff.

Dec 13, 2001 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 18
Ooh, that reminds me, I still need to get those Sorbothane feet. And some ProGold, too. jude, how much is that XLO cd?

Dec 13, 2001 at 4:43 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
Well, I just ordered more stocking stuffers for myself from Audio Asylum.
wink.gif
  • ProGold (a bigger 25 mL bottle -- yes, I've already used half my 7.4 mL bottle thanks to a Valdez-like spill, as well as for my cable reviews)
    Anybody else getting any cable or tweak stocking stuffers for the holidays?

• I'm right behind you. I had my own spill, and now following the cleanup I also need some more pro-gold. My post Christmas tweak will be a set of 8 Audioprism filters to compliment the three enacom filters I now have. Future report and system update coming after we return from Germany. Happy Holidays to all Head-Fi'ers
    biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2001 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 18
I have a pretty big stocking!
AKG 401s and Creek OBH11 SE.
OK, maybe the Kimber PBJ could be it.
How about my modded ProMedia 2.1s - inside sprayed with sound deadening material and re-wired with Kimber 4pr.
Demoing a McCormack Micro Integrated Drive for 2 weeks.

Regards - reynman

Dec 13, 2001 at 5:16 AM Post #8 of 18
No stockings here! But the presents I got for myself are a Sony D-EJ01, the Etymotic ER-4S, a Headroom AirBag, a Porta-Corda, and a 50-pack of TDK Certified Plus 80-min CD-Rs. I sure know how to make myself happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

My brother will be getting Cream's Disraeli Gears. I hope he likes it.
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2001 at 5:36 AM Post #9 of 18
Jude, I just picked up that XLO test disc and a pair of the new Etys for my stocking stuffers. That's an interesting CD, especially the phase checks.

Dec 13, 2001 at 6:01 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Jude, I just picked up that XLO test disc and a pair of the new Etys for my stocking stuffers. That's an interesting CD, especially the phase checks.

Yes, I'm looking forward to trying that CD. Of course, tweaker that I am, I'm most interested in the demagnetization tracks. No idea the premise behind these tracks, but what the heck.

I almost bought the Densen DeMagic CD instead, but someone suggested the XLO is better, so I went with it. Seems to have more stuff on it than the Densen anyway.

Etys, eh, Rick? Same here. But I was a bad boy and opened 'em up already, and have been using them. Did you do the same thing? Or are you more Christmas-gift-disciplined?

Dec 13, 2001 at 2:27 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

Yes, I'm looking forward to trying that CD. Of course, tweaker that I am, I'm most interested in the demagnetization tracks. No idea the premise behind these tracks, but what the heck.

I almost bought the Densen DeMagic CD instead, but someone suggested the XLO is better, so I went with it. Seems to have more stuff on it than the Densen anyway.

Etys, eh, Rick? Same here. But I was a bad boy and opened 'em up already, and have been using them. Did you do the same thing? Or are you more Christmas-gift-disciplined?

I have the XLO disc that was released in 1994. The demag tracks are awesome. So is the white noise track. That one is great for burning in cables/equipment. Those tracks work. I also have a Demag box from Gryphon Audio that I use. You connect your RCA cables to the box and it plays a demag tone thru your system for about 30 seconds. Great Stuff.

Dec 13, 2001 at 4:18 PM Post #13 of 18
One word of caution about XLO demag tracks, please read very carefully warnings in instructions......this can damage certain equipment!

I use the break-in track all the time, currently have new AKG 501 cooking for last 4 days.

I also like to use Auric Illuminator treatment for CDs.

Dec 14, 2001 at 3:38 PM Post #15 of 18
I need more Pro Gold - wd-40 of audio. I like the wipes. Even though you have to use your hands or gloves you can't spill it.

I also need another good looking & cheap CD rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back