Steve Martin - Virtuoso Banjoist?
Aug 10, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 23
Well I just bought a couple of songs from itunes.

His chops are surprisingly very, very good. I had no idea the man could play, especially like that.

Recommended for Bluegrass fans.

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 23
I saw it in the store and have been planning to pick it up. Yeah, Steve Martin has been a longtime banjo player and is deeply into it. I'd also recommend picking up his books - they're excellent.

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 23
Thank you for information.
smile.gif

Steve Martin is a favorite actor.
It was gotten to know for the first time that it was bought player.

I worry whether to buy "Deluxe Limited Edition".

The price difference between the regular version and the limited edition is great and it is worried in Japan.
(amazon.co.jp)
There is a difference of JPY 800.
JPY 1427 vs JPY 2210 ...

Favorite movie: Three Amigos.
(Screening simultaneously was a platoon. )

Soundtrack made CD is heard well, too.
8336810ae7a01780d2203210.L.jpg

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 23
Just like Carlos Santana said he didn't realize Clenn Campell was such a good guitarist until he saw him play.

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't this amazon only -- not in stores?

There is a stock on the mail order site in Japan.
It is possible to buy it excluding amazon.
HMV, TOWER ...

Aug 10, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talking of famous actors with less known musical skills, Clint Eastwood is a bit of a piano player.
Also, most folks know Dudley Moore for his comedy movies but he was actually a conservatory trained pianist and could tinkle the ivories with the best of them.

Clint Eastwood has his own record company for the longest time and has been nominated for Golden Globes award for composing music to his films.

I believe Dudley Moore used to record for Telarc.

Don't forget Woody Allen and Jeff Goldblum are both jazz musicians as well. And Johnny Carson was quite the drummer as well.

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #14 of 23
Steve Martin is hands down one of my favourite artists and I have loved him since I was a little kid - mostly thanks to his banjo and odd-ball humour on The Muppet Show. I was even allowed to stay up late when he was going to be on SNL. The man is all kinds of brilliant.

Stevemartin.jpg

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #15 of 23
Wah, did not know. Good for him
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back