Steve Jobs Has Died!
Oct 5, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 158
Sad... R.I.P..... 
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #20 of 158
Just heard about his passing a few minutes ago, a sad day indeed. RIP to a visonary who revolutionalized the way we listen to music, surf the internet, and communicate with others.

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #21 of 158

Quote:
RIP to a true visionary.  He brought tremendous success to Apple and I have a feeling that Apple will still continue and be extremely successful, maybe even at a faster rate of growth now.  Software like Flash may finally come to the iOS devices.

Steve was pretty hard against flash on iOS...
Flash is basically yesterday's technology, and Steve wasn't afraid to force change that others would be too uncomfortable to embrace.

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #22 of 158
I think it fairly true to say that a great many of us would not be on this forum if it were not for Mr Jobs iPod!

I had sony products up until my first apple product, an itouch it was from there that I decided to seek out better headphones and found this place.

Now, in the space of a few short years I have an itouch, iPod classic, iPad and 17"MacBook Pro. Why? Well not all of us are techy folks and his products simply make my life much easier and more productive.

RIP Steve, you have created much in this world and unlike the majority of politicians most of it has been for the greater good!

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #27 of 158
Thanks for everything you gave us Steve.  RIP.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #28 of 158

Quote:
I think it fairly true to say that a great many of us would not be on this forum if it were not for Mr Jobs iPod!

This is quite true.  Just look at my user name (which I wish I could change since I have long since migrated from portable-fi.)

And I just put up an iPod Touch and an iPod Classic in the For Sale forum because I'll finally be replacing my 6 year old phone with an iPhone 4S.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #29 of 158

Quote:

Steve was pretty hard against flash on iOS...
Flash is basically yesterday's technology, and Steve wasn't afraid to force change that others would be too uncomfortable to embrace.

Quote:
Actually, Jobs avoided Flash as to force Ipad/Iphone owners to buy his apps exclusively

+1

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #30 of 158
Yeah this is too bad. He changed today's society. I wasn't an Apple person recently (stopped a year ago or so) and I still have to admit that he was one of the greatest innovators ever in the history of technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back