Stereophile's Review of the LCD-X by John Atkinson
Feb 26, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Awesome guys... Congratulations!  You have indeed set the bar and created 'the' headphone to beat.  I have both the LCD-X and XC and they are the only two headphones still getting any head time these days.

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 6
The X is very good, but it's a mixed impression. The LCD-3 is still the best sounding Audeze and certainly the most natural, though the X sometimes sounds with better microdynamics. It would be interesting to match the Fazor technology to the LCD-3 :).

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #4 of 6
You know headphones have arrived when they are front and center on the cover of Stereophile.

Very good review with comparision to both HD650 and HD800.

If you want my personal feedback on Audeze headphones I think you should make a light-weight model of the LCD-X. Shave off 100-200 grams and make sure the comfort and build quality is perfect.

If you could take the tech from the LCD-X but put it in a simpler housing that weighs 100-200 grams less, and give it a price point of $995... that would be a giant killer. I don't need a fancy box or anything like that. And I actually prefer simple velour ear pads to expensive leather ear pads as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back