Stello U3: async USB to coax & AES/EBU transport <Impressions updated>
May 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #271 of 279
seems people do not like the kingrex mk2 psu idea ? :) the one me and leeperry use. or is it about the cable you have to solder ? dont need any soldering skills for that at all :) i basically soldered like second time:)

May 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #272 of 279
Quote:

iFi iUSB is NOT a DAC. It is a power regulator that stands between your computer and the Stello U3 (an USB to SPDIF converter) to clean up the power line. The Stello U3 is passively powered by the USB line power so it will benefit from a cleaner power source.

Aha. I was just confused on iFi's naming of its products. My apologies.
smile.gif

May 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #273 of 279
Quote:
seems people do not like the kingrex mk2 psu idea ? :) the one me and leeperry use. or is it about the cable you have to solder ? dont need any soldering skills for that at all :) i basically soldered like second time:)

Yup, I have seen the thread. The Y cable + power supply makes more sense to me. I didn't like the lack of  a 5v usb tap like the one on the cheaper U-power unit. Now that there is a sanely priced Y cable (that ueover first mentioned) I'm going to order one. I'll post my thoughts later. Could be wrong about this!

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #275 of 279
What do you guys think about Teddy Pardo's U2S converter? It's also based on XMOS chip but it has an external PSU and according to manufacturer, better clocks than Stello. 

http://www.teddypardo.com/dacs/teddyu2s.html

I'm tempted to try this out since my setup is pretty much all Naim and you could say that Teddy Pardo is specialized on Naim upgrades and products.

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #276 of 279
I have the U3 but when i open its control panel & try to update & select upgrade firmware  the select file button is not visible for me  to select the upgrade file.
I am running win 7 64 but, how can I  update the firmware ?
adjusting the resolution has no effect

never mind i see the update is self installing

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #277 of 279
Question for leeperry or anybody else:

Know where to buy a quality XLR male to XLR female right-angle adapter for a U3? Preferably gold plated. So far I've only found 3 to 5 pin, phase reversals, and gender changers. I wonder if such thing even exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back