Stax SR-X9000
Dec 13, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #541 of 2,985
I don't think there are 40 in China. The first batch to China is around 10, since then only a few people order at the first day received their X9000 after 1 month. There are a few people order at the 16~17 Sept still didn't received.

I got mine from Japan at the first day of release. But I actually order before the launch date from a local distributor in Japan. When I order I didn't even know the price and model name.....
Hello rz...
"I got mine from Japan at the first day of release". You probably have an opinion about the X9000 sound quality, especially compared with the SR-009(S). Please let us know.

Dec 13, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #543 of 2,985
Try FELITSA AUDIO from Vietnam; much better built, a friend bought one,was excellent and had great components inside. Thu An is the owner, here about him and a few samples of his amps: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3738790392862669/user/1500409332 [I have no relationship whatsoever with him...]

199599440_10225263160874972_1959766466742264776_n.jpg
Jesus Christ. Stop recommending people this garbage.

Dec 13, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #544 of 2,985
I am waiting for mine too. Reading about the amps I surly hope my RSA A-10 Thunderbolt can power the X9000 to its potential as it does with my 009 specially after the latest upgrade.
The A10 should have enough power and add a bit smoothness to it, hopefully it doesnt add too much mid bass like the t8000 looking forward to your review mate!

Dec 13, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #545 of 2,985
What color bhse?

Depending on color you may be in for a looooooong wait.
non-audiophile question: why does colour even matter?lol

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #547 of 2,985
It’s finish not color

I misspoke
you mean the RK50 volume pod option?
I used to own a BHSE before and hell yeah that makes a differeces.
however I still prefer the carbon with a alaph pod vs bhse with the RK50 as the carbon have a bit more detail, separeration and speed with my 009, but again that is because of the amp design and my personal music taste. The X9000 largely behave similar with the carbon so I will expect its also sound very good with the BHSE.
I wonder does anyone have test it with the Woo WES.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #548 of 2,985
you mean the RK50 volume pod option?
I used to own a BHSE before and hell yeah that makes a differeces.
however I still prefer the carbon with a alaph pod vs bhse with the RK50 as the carbon have a bit more detail, separeration and speed with my 009, but again that is because of the amp design and my personal music taste. The X9000 largely behave similar with the carbon so I will expect its also sound very good with the BHSE.
I wonder does anyone have test it with the Woo WES.

I think he was saying there may be longer waits for the BHSE based on the color chosen. Blue and Black are both pretty popular, may be longer of a wait based on supply issues (or other colors). :)

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #549 of 2,985
I saw a WES for sale on classified but am a bit hesitant after WES was butchered on the HC forum. Did the 2nd gen improve the flaws or was it still a headphone-destroying amp?

Dec 14, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #551 of 2,985
Don’t sleep on the MA KGST guys. Absolute best value. Very close to the BHSE with the sr009s.
If anyone is paying this much money for a SR-X9000 I highly recommand them to get atleast a KGST to pair with, the T8000 was modirated but 200% overprice compare to KGST.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #552 of 2,985
Re: volume control. IMHO the Alps RK50 is way overrated. For fine volume tracking it's one of the best, but there are better sounding options (especially in what concerns immediacy and bass details). I've had the RK50 and ended up replacing with a tailored solution. IME a switched resistor network is best (with your choice of resistors), when done well, or certain potentiometers, e.g. TKD and others. If you are not sure, or don't want to spend a lot, use e.g. Tocos, it won't disappoint. Both TKD and Tocos also have very expensive options. Good that there is competition :). Anyway, today I would not use Alps, as there are better sounding options on all price levels, IMHO. Of course, other parts of the system, and component synergy also matters. Sometimes you have a bottlenecks in the system that mask or distort relevant differences between components that otherwise all have higher acoustic "bandwidth" than the bottleneck itself.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #553 of 2,985
I saw a WES for sale on classified but am a bit hesitant after WES was butchered on the HC forum. Did the 2nd gen improve the flaws or was it still a headphone-destroying amp?

There is a lot of talk about Woo amps potentially destroying electrostatic headphones in a worst-case scenario due to a missing resistor in the output. However, I've never seen a report on this forum of that actually happening. So, if it has ever actually happened, it appears to be exceedingly rare. Secondly, those reports about the missing resistor are like a decade old and it is unclear if it is still true. I don't own any Woo electrostatic amps, but I would not be the least bit worried about plugging my 009s into one. I don't think you can go wrong with a BHSE or Carbon though.

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #555 of 2,985
I owned a gen 1 WES for a few years and not a single issue with it at all. Have also owned several Woo amps, same thing. The WES is pretty good, and just a slight step below the BHSE overall to my ears. The WES had slightly stronger bass and came pretty close to the BHSE with everything else.. except spaciousness, BHSE was a clear favorite there. The WES is also quite a bit warmer and does not mesh well with the 007 and I would think the same with the CRBN.

For me it would be a third choice somewhat reasonably priced amp behind the BHSE and Carbon.. if you find a 2nd gen used. But they don't seem to hold their value as well as the BHSE, so I would try to make sure you get a fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back