Stax SR-X9000
Nov 29, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #436 of 2,985
All over the world there are problems with the supply chain, shipping disruptions etc. and of course lots of people getting sick and dying. It isn't particularly difficult to imagine why everything is taking an especially and unpredictably long time... But I suppose complaining about delays in headphones arriving is easier than focusing on all the misery the world is going through.

Nov 29, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #437 of 2,985
All over the world there are problems with the supply chain, shipping disruptions etc. and of course lots of people getting sick and dying. It isn't particularly difficult to imagine why everything is taking an especially and unpredictably long time... But I suppose complaining about delays in headphones arriving is easier than focusing on all the misery the world is going through.

I haven't complained once, because yea there's a lot worse happening across the globe right now. But that said, ppl that paid $6k for a product that's been delayed months have the right to be disappointed.

They have even more of a right to do so when these companies knew upfront that they were over promising with delivery date windows. Had that been communicated up front as a good business would, you'd see less people complaining.

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #438 of 2,985
I haven't complained once, because yea there's a lot worse happening across the globe right now. But that said, ppl that paid $6k for a product that's been delayed months have the right to be disappointed.

They have even more of a right to do so when these companies knew upfront that they were over promising with delivery date windows. Had that been communicated up front as a good business would, you'd see less people complaining.
I hate to break it to you bud, but people are paying a lot more money for considerably more important items which are also getting delayed. This is the "just in time" logistics system our planet created showing weakness in real time.

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #439 of 2,985
I hate to break it to you bud, but people are paying a lot more money for considerably more important items which are also getting delayed. This is the "just in time" logistics system our planet created showing weakness in real time.

You aren't breaking anything to me, I'm fully aware lol. But that's partially my point. Every single company right now is fully aware of ongoing supply chain issues. Communicate honestly up front and don't lie/over-promise for the sake of sales and you'll have far less unhappy customers.

Again, I haven't complained once and the minute my dealer mentioned how long the delay could be, it set my expectations accordingly.

Nov 29, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #440 of 2,985
I agree with the comments above in this page. I have complained once but because I felt I deserved more info (what's my "place in line", for one, if that would provide any hint of shipping date), never about the delay itself. Imagine how "frustrating" if I had bought the ticket to the USA in February to - among other things - visit a friend and pickup the new equipment and its not there.. Shipping expensive items here would/will mean a whole different taxation scheme, insurance costs and customs bureacracy I will have to face. I think it is clear it goes a bit beyond than being upset it is taking some weeks longer

On a side note, covid took my beloved dad last year and it also took a few more people I knew. And of course the misery it brought in Brazil and many other countries. Listening to music , discovering new bands and composers through my headphones was one of the things that helped me personally endure the losses and sacrifices Im sure many here also undertook. Just didn't want to go off topic, so please back to the x9k!

Nov 29, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #441 of 2,985
I hope this is not going to turn into a BHSE-like thread where people waited years to get one and they were still satisfied in the end...

Pretty unrealistic for Stax to know the demand in advance for a 6200$ headphone before release, and we also don't know the consistency of the rate of production at this early phase. This time, there probably won't be issues with quality control like it was with the SR-009, so I'm sure it will be fine and it is worth trading in additional waiting time.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #442 of 2,985
Something I heard a couple times about the SR-Omega (maybe dependent on a top amp?) is that you can listen to it at relatively low voulme levels and it will still amaze you.
Can anyone comment how the x9k performs at low volume? does its reported improvements over the 009/9S tend to fade?

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #443 of 2,985
Something I heard a couple times about the SR-Omega (maybe dependent on a top amp?) is that you can listen to it at relatively low voulme levels and it will still amaze you.
Can anyone comment how the x9k performs at low volume? does its reported improvements over the 009/9S tend to fade?
I think this is personal. I think the polar opposite, the SR-Omega is by far the one I listen at the loudest, it was the one prompting me to buy a basic SPL meter just to roughly verify listening levels. Yes, with an aftermarket amp it gets much better at lower volume, but when you have that power at your disposal, you will feel the urge to blast it anyway.
SR-Lambda is the one I find enjoyable at low volume, but I find that with electrostats volume works differently in general.
You have to find your personal sweet spot, where the sound sort of "fills in".
From the preliminary impressions, the SR-X9000 also seems to be leaning towards the smooth side like the SR-Omega so I am sure it can be cranked loud without problems but it may not have the bass, especially at low volumes.

Nov 29, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #444 of 2,985
I've always thought a particular strength of the SR-009S is that it can be played at lower volumes - the clarity allows me to appreciate dynamic shifts and textural shadings at remarkably low volumes. This is why, I think, electrostatic phones can be so satisfying.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #445 of 2,985
Looks like the asian guy on youtube who posted video weeks ago can give us an insight into how he got the Stax so soon when people who ordered it the moment it got announced are still waiting with no timeframe.

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #446 of 2,985
Looks like the asian guy on youtube who posted video weeks ago can give us an insight into how he got the Stax so soon when people who ordered it the moment it got announced are still waiting with no timeframe.
In Japan the first batch released on 10/08 for those who had reserved with a few shop in tokyo have like 1 in stock.

Seems there are already 3 batch of SRX9000 to China market where the first batch being 20-30 pair, the second batch happened early november and the third is on the way.

So far none of the 100 odds headphone arrived Hong Kong yet, except for a buddy who bought directly from China AD.
The only pair of SRX9000 demo through Edifier HK/STAX to local AD(ECT) which was initial intended for a complaining customer who ordered the headphone back in september. But roumor spread HK AD turn it to a demo.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #447 of 2,985
STAX China on 11/7 mentioned a non-Chinese-market model was put on sale in China which seems to come from oversea stock. They warned people not to buy it due to obvious warranty issues.

SN is 1003, the third of the entire production.....

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #449 of 2,985
Sounds like they are taking care of their Chinese customers first.
Japan is the first country recieving the SRX9k, in an extended that you can just go to a shop and buy without reservation in late october.
FBzzJGFVcAAXqys
FE1uuLbaUAAiE_c

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #450 of 2,985
Japan is the first country recieving the SRX9k, in an extended that you can just go to a shop and buy without reservation in late october.
FBzzJGFVcAAXqys
FE1uuLbaUAAiE_c
Too bad I can’t just fly over to Tokyo and buy one due to Covid travel restrictions. Excluding tax it would be 600 dollars cheaper there than in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back