Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
Aug 17, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #438 of 783
Has anyone figured out a way to deal with earspeakers' cables? They are long, seem fragile and always get entangled... I am worried that I am damaging them all the time.

Please contact your local Stax distributor in your country , they will help you to order from Stax Japan
This was happened to my friend , accidentally he cut his tiny Stax sr 002 cable .

Sep 1, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #442 of 783
I would like to ask something about comparisons, as I'm trying to upgrade (or just change) my vintage SR-Lambda.

So I'm a composer as a hobby but I'm frequently on the move and I like my stuff to be as small as possible (no I'm not composing on the street). The Lambdas also have a huge transfomer box which I don't want to carry around.

But, since the Lambda is a pretty old design (although it still works perfectly) I was thinking that a modern IEM might produce the same or even better sound quality. What are your experiences?

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #443 of 783
Sorry for bumping old thread.. I just found a nice way to store my srs002 safely.. hope somebody find it useful!

Oct 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #445 of 783
Ha!  

I just took these pictures of my case, into which I fit the SR 002 and the Kentli batteries, as a thank you to clieOS for the suggestion on the batteries.

Then I saw that you beat me to it with the pictures of your 1050 case, santsant.  The Pelican 1040 (smaller than your 1050) snugly fits everything and is great for traveling.  Even on airplanes.  I've got everything velcro-ed in, including the coin which is handy for prying out those batteries which fit very (almost too) snugly into the srm002 case.

Obviously great minds think alike.

Oct 21, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #446 of 783
Hi everyone, just in case nobody posted it before, i could finally fit a few 'mainstream' iem tips into my SR-002, might better post a pic quickly, i've been so happy i just want to drop the news. Might be a good and cheap replacement for the stock ones. Cheers!

nvm, it changes the sound a little bit not to my liking and the process of putting it on is a bit hard, i could accidentally break my cans. :mad:

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #448 of 783
I have had my eyes on the SR-002 for a while but thought I'd wait to see what the successor is like, but whenever is that one coming? Has anyone got any updated information other than the Q3-Q4 2014?

I love my SRS-2170 earspeaker system, although it's Stax's basic system the details and sense of air strike me everything I listen to it. Can anyone who has listened to both the SRS-2170 and SR-002 tell me how they compare? I hope the SR-002 could be the perfect companion to my Pono when I'm at the office. :)

Thanks for any input!

May 26, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #450 of 783
  In Germany 750 Euro or 817 US Dollar, you are lucky guys.

Yeah, or a STAX SRS-2170 for $ 670, but for € 999 here.
Or a STAX SRS-3170 for $ 1050, but for € 1499 here.

I could go on, but the trend is obvious. Also the STAX appear to be made of unobtanium here in Europe, I would love to audition them sometime, but that appears to be practically impossible around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back