Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
Feb 15, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #751 of 783
I agree, to much muffled it a bit on the dynamics. I am thinking of maybe trying a bit of sorbothane and see what that does.

Mar 1, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #752 of 783
Ok so the sorbothane has been added to outside of the cups. Smooths the midrange a bit. Next I will try the sorbothane on the inside of the cups and later n the iem part both side and outside.

Mar 5, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #753 of 783
A piece of sorbothane fell off so I pulled the other one off. When I pulled, the silver Stax disc came off as well. I found that under that cap is a small piece of tissue or really thin wool. The cap snaps right back on. So if you are interested, I guess you could try different materials in there.

Mar 5, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #754 of 783
I placed small pieces of sorbothane on the ear side of the housing. So far sounds good.

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #755 of 783
For a while I have been thinking of writing a companion review if all my electrostatic headphones, so far the littlest one is winning. As always, getting the tips in properly is always he key to good listening. I still prefer the cups on, but they I will listen again without them.

Apr 26, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #756 of 783
I can finally connect the portable SR-001/002 to my SRM-T1 tube amplifier! :) A good friend built the adapter for me. It's a lot of fun to listen to the little ones. Go together incredibly well. The signature is similar to the legendary Omega in my opinion. Beautiful midrange and powerful bass. Just awesome...

Stax-Pro_Adapter_SRM-T1.jpg
Stax-Pro_Adapter.jpg
Hi,
sorry for coming to the old post, but I'm looking for this hook for SR-001/002/003
I was trying everywhere, but unfortunately it seems to be uncrackable for me :frowning2:
Could you share information what is that hook and where to find it?

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #758 of 783
Aug 2, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #759 of 783
I just want to post my appreciation for this thread and all the people who contribute to it! Just received my CES-A1 today and it totally changed the SRM001, it’s much more comfortable, still not fit well as my VE phonix, but consider the price difference.

Now SRM001 truly feels like a headphone experience, the bass is much more present now while still retain most of its stage. Hat off to the STAX team. CES-A1 should come with all SRM unit.

I would argue that the humble SRM001 rivals many TOTL IEM with prices much smaller than most!

IMG_5351.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #760 of 783
I just want to post my appreciation for this thread and all the people who contribute to it! Just received my CES-A1 today and it totally changed the SRM001, it’s much more comfortable, still not fit well as my VE phonix, but consider the price difference.

Now SRM001 truly feels like a headphone experience, the bass is much more present now while still retain most of its stage. Hat off to the STAX team. CES-A1 should come with all SRM unit.

I would argue that the humble SRM001 rivals many TOTL IEM with prices much smaller than most!

IMG_5351.jpeg
I concur! Now try adding a loose filling of cotton and listen to the changes.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #761 of 783

IMG_5351.jpeg
In terms of raw speed I think only planar IEMs will compete with the Stax...

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #762 of 783
I would say
In terms of raw speed I think only planar IEMs will compete with the Stax...
Yeah, I also read good things about Goldplanar GL-AMT16 too...
I concur! Now try adding a loose filling of cotton and listen to the changes.
Thanks for the tip! More things to explore :D

Aug 23, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #764 of 783
You can experiment with how much cotton to use. I like about a little over half full in the cup, loose. I tried fiber fill like what is used in speakers, but I did not feel it did much. What I notice with the cotton, is more detail and the bass seems fuller and deeper.

Sep 10, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #765 of 783
Folks, ya just gotta love the sr-002!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back