STAX Omega II vs. Ultrasone Edition 7
Nov 10, 2006 at 11:12 AM Post #2 of 105
Can you give something more specific?
confused.gif
people cannot judge based solely on comparison of percentage with a pair of headphones that are not so well known (edition 7)

Nov 10, 2006 at 11:13 AM Post #3 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears

I've heard all "BIG" headphones without only the Sony Qualia.
Edition 7 is second best after the Orpheus HE90 headphones. But the Edition 7 has the COMFORT Problem.

Ultrasone Edition 7 vs. Ultrasone Proline 2500:
The Proline 2500 is - new out of the box - 40% of the Edition 7
The Proline 2500 is - with a full burn-in - 90% of the Edition 7

Great headphone on the "wrong" amp,it's not fair.
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 105
Could you post some pics? There aren't many pics available of the Edition 7
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 105
Quote:

I can make hundreds of pics from the Edition 7. But I don't publish them. If anybody will do, I can email him/her the pics.

Send them this way Michael. I will host them.

-Alex-

Nov 10, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #8 of 105
Email some to me. Ive got my own hosting and I'll post them. Alternately you could use imageshack.

Nov 10, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #10 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnu
Great headphone on the "wrong" amp,it's not fair.
frown.gif

I disagree with this statement. Sure, there are better amps out there for the Omega II's but the 007t is an excellent amp and was designed specifically for the Omega II's. There are also better amps than the X-CAN V3 for dymanic headphones, so it's pretty much a fair fight as I see it. Price-wise, I think these amps are more or less in the same region, no?

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I disagree with this statement. Sure, there are better amps out there for the Omega II's but the 007t is an excellent amp and was designed specifically for the Omega II's. There are also better amps than the X-CAN V3 for dymanic headphones, so it's pretty much a fair fight as I see it. Price-wise, I think these amps are more or less in the same region, no?

If one of your regions is "1500 and under." The SR-007t is MUCH more expensive than the V3.

Nov 10, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #12 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
If one of your regions is "1500 and under." The SR-007t is MUCH more expensive than the V3.

And the E7 was much more expensive than the O2's.

So both setups (headphone + amp) are around the same total price.

Nov 10, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #13 of 105
how long were the stators on the O2 being charged uninterrupted before you started comparing the two?

Nov 10, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #14 of 105
Quote:

Ultrasone Edition 7 vs. Ultrasone Proline 2500:
The Proline 2500 is - new out of the box - 40% of the Edition 7
The Proline 2500 is - with a full burn-in - 90% of the Edition 7

So if the Proline 2500 is 90% of the Edition 7s, then they are equal to or maybe even a little better than O2s according to the scoring system?

Nov 10, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #15 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn

I'm not really familiar with the V3, so I guess I assumed it was more expensive (i.e., closer to the price of the 007t). But this just adds to the credibility of my argument. The other poster seemed to be saying it wasn't a fair fight because the 007t was not a good enough amp, yet it's a much more expensive amp than the V3.

Of course, we all know that headphone/amp synergy is more important than price and I've always felt that the O2/007t combo is excellent. Granted, there are better electrostat amps out there, but they're much more expensive.

If the Edition 7s really sounded that good (a bunch of 10 and 9.5 scores) on a considerably less expensive amp, this suggests to me that I should have hung on to my pair a bit longer than I did. They really were starting to come into their own after a recable job and a long break in period, but I sold them when I got a chance ot do so at a reasonable price.

Now I'm coming full circle by trying the PROline 2500 and PROline 750, both of which arrived today in Florida, and I'll be up there next weekend to start breaking them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back