Stax Lambda with bizarre clicking noise
Sep 19, 2011 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stemartin31

New Head-Fier

Hello,

I recently bought a pair of Lambda Nova Signature. 
But I've experienced bizarre clicking/buzzing noise with it, which occur several times after one half hour (or more). It's more sensible at low levels of music and on the two channels L&R.
So, I don't know if it a problem of earspeaker or from driver. I suspect that some dusts coming from foam (in the end of life) or maybe from extern way.
The driver is an old SRD7 Normal bias that I've changed into Pro Bias. Problem was present before change.
I don't have another driver/energizer on hand to compare, so not easy to find a guilty !

So, do you meet this problem ?
Otherwise, is it difficult to replace old foam, because I don't think that keep current one is a good thing. There are completely absent on the central area and in the edge, there are in way of disintegration.

Stéphane

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 3
I think that you hit the nail on what the problem is. The Stax is sensitive to dust and other particles. I have seen the same problem with the foam was breaking down in one of my former Stax headphones. I did cut out the remaining foam and never got around to replace the foam and it did not seem to cause any trouble. Later the Stax headband broke on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back