STAX better than LCD-2, T1?
May 26, 2011 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

freddydent

New Head-Fier
When I went to an audio shop, I mentioned that I had read that the LCD2 was very good.  The guy at the shop said the STAX headphones were better. I'm looking for a headphone that gives me "rich, silky" vocals.  Any recommendations?  Thanks! 

May 26, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 9
I can list quite a few headphones that I prefer over the LCD-2 MYSELF. Its a very personal thing, I suggest you try out all the gears before making a move. And yes, I found many STAX are better than the LCD-2, not all though. I dislike the SR-007Mk2 personally.

May 26, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 9
I think it's a matter of opinion and would recommend listening to both of them if you have to opportunity. They're both different. Based on what you said the LCD2 fits the bill but there are other factors involved. The soundstaging of the two are different with the LCD2 being more intimate. Also, the bass is also more extended and quite a bit more impactful.

May 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 9
Stax and LCD-2 are both outstanding, which means (as noted above), that it will probably come down to a matter of opinion. Also, "Stax" does not just mean one headphone - there are pretty significant differences between the TOTL Stax O2 (which I think you could argue are very similar in presentation to the LCD-2, and Stax aficionados would probably argue are actually better than the Audeze's when driven properly) and the Lambda-based headphones, which have a very different, slightly brighter presentation than the O2 and LCD-2.

May 26, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 9
also stax put off huge a amount of emf right next to your head... it was 3.6mg per ear, epa says 1mg is standard limit. but then again hair dryers put off upwards of 400mg :). lcd-2 have better bass imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back