Starting out... Dr Dre's Beats or Monster Turbine? or.??? help
Oct 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #31 of 36
great.. i got the offer for 260 for the coppers.. but alot of people been saying they could get it for 224... how!?

[size=medium]
the same price 260 at overstocks. damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =/ they said oh our sales manager said thats the lowest price no 1 ever gotten a deal lower than 260 for the coppers and 220 for the gold.

is it better to call them instead? ive been doing the online chat

OK! update

i just bought the monster turbine copper for 225 from one call awesome!!finally i feel part of the club! Alittle extreme but from my calculations.. why not spend 225 for lifetime warrenty a better headphone versus 130 for the dr dre ibeats+2 year warrenty
[/size]

Oct 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #32 of 36
The FR graphs look similar enough... Not sure about better sound, someone should do a comparison, but better warranty yes. The FR graphs of some Monster IEMs look so similar, I don't think I could hear the difference. I know that a FR graph is not the whole story, but in my experience they are a good part of it (Etymotics share similar FR graphs... and after testing them, I can say that the Hf5 and Mc5 sound almost indistinguishable)

graphCompare.php

Oct 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #33 of 36
Just wanted to add that I picked up the iBeats today at best buy for $100 US. I'm gonna post my first impressions later today but so far i'm liking them and they sound pretty damn close to my well burned-in turbines. 

Oct 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #35 of 36
Be VERY careful when ordering the Dr. Dre headphones online, many of the phones sold online are very good fakes.  The only way to be sure that they are legit are purchasing them from a reputable brick and mortar store.  I am sure that some online retailers are legitimate as well, but the number of fake ones online is alarming.

YouTube has some videos that show just how good the fakes are aesthetically.

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #36 of 36
yeah i just saw on youtube how the beats real vs fake are.  they look almost identical besides the crappy printer packaging and the cheap plastic and stuff.  the real ones should have better weight to them and look to them.  i am gonna take a chance though on amazon for a pair of like 45 dollars shipped.  if they are fake, ill just get my money back.  ive heard the fake ones dont sound horrible though.  in almost every video the person said the real ones sound better, but not ALOT better.  if i can get 3/4 of the sound of the real ones with the fake ones when spending 1/4 of the price, thatd be cool with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back