Starting out... Dr Dre's Beats or Monster Turbine? or.??? help
Oct 6, 2010 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

vvilliamm

New Head-Fier
 Today some one told me to try out his dr dre beats.. and it sure sounds alot better than my apple headset..usually i dont really care about the quality etc but after hearing those it really made me think.. eh time to treat myself better. 

Ive been looking at 

Dr Dre Beats Tour 
Dr Dre iBeats
Monster Turbine

Its around my price range of 100-140ish. Im planning to get my headphones from bestbuy so i could buy the warrenty on it just incase anything happens like if stepped on my headphones etc.

i need your advice i really dont know anything about these things.. which headphones are better? or is it just to buy the name "monster" etc as many people on other forums been telling me.

if you know any other good headphones around my price range please let me know. sigh yea im a noob =]. 

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 36
I have the Beats Tours and after finally finding the right tips I will say that they are good $80 headphones that cost $150.  Panasonic HJE900 or Klipsch Custom 3 are $200-$300 headphones that cost around $100.  Of the three headphones you mentioned, I would definitely go for the Turbines.  By the way, when I mention cost versus what they actually are, I mean it as a measure of sound quality.

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #9 of 36
whats weird is the monster turbines look exactly like the dr dre ibeats.. i guess since its from the same company they use the same parts but they put more high quality stuff in their own ? or is it just an simple rebranding. Im planning to buy my headphones at bestbuy because i could buy that extended warrenty just incase if one side of my headphones start to die etc.. i was reading on the forums and it seems like there is some problems with the monster turbine wire and its drivers failing etc.

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #10 of 36

Quote:
whats weird is the monster turbines look exactly like the dr dre ibeats.. i guess since its from the same company they use the same parts but they put more high quality stuff in their own ? or is it just an simple rebranding. Im planning to buy my headphones at bestbuy because i could buy that extended warrenty just incase if one side of my headphones start to die etc.. i was reading on the forums and it seems like there is some problems with the monster turbine wire and its drivers failing etc.

These
http://www.google.com/images?q=monster+turbine&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=869

Look like these?
http://www.google.com/images?q=beats+tour&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=869

What are you smoking?

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #13 of 36
im not trying to start a fight with u.. or anything im just surprised they used the same control pad and they share similarities 
http://www.iphonealley.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/monster5-300x224.jpg
http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5933&cat=2

im just curious about the quality of the two since they are really made by the same company right? From the forums here it seems like monsters turbines > dr dre's tours and ibeats? i asked about the similarity question because both the monster turbine and the dr dre ibeat look similar in terms of the wiring and the control pad being used. the ibeats only cost 100 versus the 150 for the monster turbine. 

i would probably get the dr dre ibeats because of the price point of 100 since ill be getting extended warrenty that would stack up to 120-130ish

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #15 of 36
I had this dilemma today. Beats or Turbine. I chose Turbine and even though i haven't listened to them yet, from what i can ascertain about their relative sound signatures, i think i made the right choice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back