Start Making Your Plans For 2011 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest)!
Sep 2, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #136 of 262
RMAF promotes the show as a whole and in the past has featured CanJam in it's ads when it was a new part of the show. Now that CanJam is a regular part of the show they focus on other segments. Year over year attendance in the CanJam room easily doubled as more attendees knew we were there.

This year we will be a part of the seminar series.

Another vendor announcement V-Moda will now be joining the show.

If you are attending RMAF and CanJam make sure to attend the 10th year anniversary beer social. It's free and I'd love to see us all getting together over a beer and getting to know one another.

Sep 7, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #137 of 262
I'm probably going to be bringing my HeadAmp GS-X as well (to add to my post on the previous page). Mostly for myself, but I figure why not display it at the same time. It'll be on my Plinius CD-101 setup along with the other two amps. (All 3 will be set up simultaneously, thanks to the loop outputs on the BHSE and GS-X.)

A reminder to folks attending: don't forget to register for RMAF! The fees are on their Web site at audiofest.net.

Also if there are any Head-Fiers looking for a ride to/from the airport, I'd be happy to oblige. I'll be heading to Denver on the night of Thursday 10/13 and leaving whenever things wrap up on Sunday 10/16. Feel free to send a PM, don't worry about the line in my sig. Note: folks from a certain other forum will take precedence though, so I can't guarantee a free ride for everyone.

9/22 edit: parts of post retracted

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #138 of 262
I'll definitely be there, cannot wait! I am a new Head-Fier and this will be great to help me get up to speed with everyone with a lot more experience and expertise than myself. Really excited that it just so happened to be taking place in my state.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #141 of 262
I guess Stax is not that serious about promoting it's new SR 009s if it depends on other headphone amp companies to demonstrate it's products.  This is one of the biggest meets in the world and it is a shame that there will not be a Stax representative present.  I am truly disappointed.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #142 of 262
I must also say that I have attended many other big meets and the Stax Company has consistently not shown up.  The last time I saw the Stax Representative at a meet was Canjam in Fort Lauderdale in 2008. 

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #143 of 262
Quote:
Ok here's the equipment I'll be bringing:

- Plinius CD-101, HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE & KGSS (so Larry, no need to bring your KGSS), Stax OII MKI and SR-507 headphones, plus most likely an SR-4070 too
- Might also have an Oppo BDP-95 as an alternate CDP, but not 100% sure yet

- laptop PC w/ Arcam rDac, HeadAmp Gilmore Lite, and Audio-Technica AD2000, ES7, and ES55 headphones

Attendance incentive: I'll be giving away either the ES7 or ES55 headphones to a lucky person at the show. That could be YOU!

CanJam@RMAF will be the place to listen to some electrostatic gear!
tongue.gif

Dear Asr,
Is your equipment gonna be available for trading / selling, or just listening sessions?
I might take my STAX 009. I really wanted to couple it with a BHSE.
Regards,
Erico  

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #145 of 262

Quote:

Edit: On second thought, going to pass this year. have fun you guys. 

Think I'll just go do another track weekend instead.

Seems I'll be passing too as Godsmack, Korn and Avenged Sevenfold will be blowing out my ears in Vegas the same weekend.  Oh why couldn't I have been Dr. Manhattan?  
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #147 of 262
Anybody know if there's going to be any FX700 there? I've been very curious to hear them

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #148 of 262

Quote:
Anybody know if there's going to be any FX700 there? I've been very curious to hear them

The odds of JVC being there or another Headfier w/ the FX700 being there might be pretty slim.  You should ask in the FX700 thread rather than here.

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #149 of 262

Quote:
Seems I'll be passing too as Godsmack, Korn and Avenged Sevenfold will be blowing out my ears in Vegas the same weekend.  Oh why couldn't I have been Dr. Manhattan?  
frown.gif

There aren't a whole lot of places that I'd endorse a Head-fi'er to be during CanJam, but that sounds like one of them.  I know first-hand that Godsmack is sick live, enjoy!

I have a list a quarter-mile long of things I want to listen to...super pumped about CanJam being literally 10 minutes from my new apartment!

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #150 of 262
Quote:
I guess Stax is not that serious about promoting it's new SR 009s if it depends on other headphone amp companies to demonstrate it's products.  This is one of the biggest meets in the world and it is a shame that there will not be a Stax representative present.  I am truly disappointed.

Don't blame Stax, blame the US distributor, Yama's Inc. Yama's is well aware of Head-Fi, it was them who attended CanJam 08, not Stax. In any case, they don't really need to be there anyway, as I'm pretty sure at least one SR-009 will be at the show, one way or another (probably by way of other MOTs, as you mentioned).

Quote:
Dear Asr,
Is your equipment gonna be available for trading / selling, or just listening sessions?
I might take my STAX 009. I really wanted to couple it with a BHSE.
Regards,
Erico  

My equipment will be for listening only, not for sale or trade.

I'm sure Justin at HeadAmp will also likely have his own BHSE for display - I'm bringing mine because of how it uniquely performs out of my source, and it'll offer an ABX comparison against the KGSS (which is now discontinued). If you're interested in buying a HeadAmp product, you should talk to Justin at the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back