St. Louis Head-Fi meet June 23
Mar 30, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #16 of 53
Ya I too think a Saturday would work best, and I don't know how well a bar would work, in terms of ample electrical outlets and table space, which is a must, and good lighting which isn't a must but desirable. Anyone have a big garage or basement or close connections with some type of community/church/school hall or something of that sort that'd be willing to let us use their facility for a few hours some Saturday afternoon? I'd offer my house/garage but I live with my parents still (unfortunately). I'm still waiting on more people to respond before we begin setting dates.

Apr 1, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #17 of 53
Lemmons has many tables that can be rearranged. They have outlets and I have extension cords etc. I'll check to see what the min. drink order is etc. They only take private parties on Sun though.

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #19 of 53
ok so far here are the people who've expressed interest:

RobG
terance
televators
hase
hatfi
luckybaer
niftymatt

I may be sending out some more details soon, we might have a sweet place to hold the meet, I'll keep you all posted. If you haven't posted in this forum or PM'd me, don't expect to hear from me!

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #20 of 53
we can still get into the bar if we are only 20 right?

the one thing i'll miss about england is being able to have a beer with lunch =/

i'm pretty excited about this, it should be a fantastic event!

SIX THREE SIX

What gear can we expect?

My set up is mostly portable, and i'll need to buy a bunch of shure tips and wipes for my stax munchkins

Stax Munchkins
Shure E500
XM3
ALO Audio cables

humble, but it works =)

i really really want to hear a balanced set up. . .someone please bring one!

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #21 of 53
terance, did you check your PMs? as far as gear, check everybody's sigs & profiles, it looks like there'll be no shortage of Shure E500s (I've counted 3 I think) RobG, who hasnt posted here but I know is coming, has Senn 650s and an RSA Hornet. Luckybaer has also has a hornet, as well as K601s, Beyer 880s & 770/80 pros, shure ec4s, a headroom micro, and a PA2v2. Scott f's audiocircle friends also have some nice cans, I'll try to find out exactly what. Hase has MS-1s which I REALLLY want to hear, but he can't make it on May 12, so I'm thinking about maybe moving the date up to April 28th, would that work for everybody?

Apr 7, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #22 of 53
Hey guys I'm late in replying to this. I am interested in this get together as well. My gear is limited but I have a couple items that no one has listed. I will keep tabs on this thread to see when and where it is going to happen and see if I can make it that day.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #23 of 53
And the thread dies...
frown.gif

So, does April 28th work for everyone or is it better to stick with May 12th? The 28th's not too far away and we need plans if we are to conduct it then.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #24 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the thread dies...
frown.gif

NOOOO I will NOT let that happen, don't worry...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, does April 28th work for everyone or is it better to stick with May 12th? The 28th's not too far away and we need plans if we are to conduct it then.

May 12, as others may not know, is your graduation Hase, and I REALLY want to hear some MS-1s

April 28 doesn't work for our host, scott f. There's already an audiocircle meet that day. Scott told me a few days ago that he was going to check with his ACers who might want to come & see if May 5 would work for them, so before changing the plan again and telling everyone that neither May 12 or April 28 worked, I was gonna wait & see when he & his peeps are available

May 19 I'll be in KC for my cousins graduation (if my sister's not in labor)

my sister's pregnant and is due May 28th, so I'd rather not schedule it for the 26th for now(unless she goes into labor sometime in early may). That's also Memorial Day weekend, which could be good or bad, depending on everyone's plans...IF everyone's in town then and IF my sister has already had her baby (we're expecting her to go a little early as she's very short, only 4'11", and already looks like she could have it any day), then memorial day or that saturday would work great for me..I know I'll be in town

ooorrrr how bout sometime in early June? As you can see, anytime before that is gonna be in the exams/graduation season, although I guess May 5 could work for me

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #25 of 53
I think working around one person's schedule is a little ridiculous, especially if everyone else can make it on the said day.

Although, I am not sure what the said day is at this point because it has been changed so many times.

I'm confused
blink.gif

I am availible most times before the middle of June. I don't want people to feel like they have to work around my schedule, so keep that in mind.

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #26 of 53
well ya, unless you're that one person (i.e. hase) I kinda wanted to make it since I'm organizing the thing, and if we're having it at Scott's house, we obviously have to plan around his schedule. Anyway, let's take a vote:

May 12
or
Sometime in June

sorry about all the changes and indecisiveness everyone, A.D.D, what can I say

Apr 15, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #27 of 53
Hiya Guys,

pinkfloyd is right, I offered to have the meet out at my house (I live by Six Flags). I can handle upwards of 15 or 20 people in one of three dedicated listening rooms.

Tell you what, don't try to schedule around me if you guys want to meet sooner. The reasons things were getting pushed back were numerous, First was that PF4EVR's graduation is set as is one of our GAS events (4/28). One of the local GAS members who is into cans wanted to join in too. Unfortunately, he is in Chile until May 5th.

The 19th PF is in KC and on the same day the GAS guys are doing our annual Music Crawl where we go out and hit all of the record shops in town and snap up vinyl. You guys are welcome to join us for this if you want. We start off at the U-City Grill at 9am and we usually end it at Cookies Jazz and More in Webster for an evening of fine, live Jazz. Watch the GAS section of Audio Circle for more info if you are interested.

Memorial Day weekend is open right now for scheduling. We usually do the BBQ thing with family but we haven't set the date yet so any of the three days would work right now. June is pretty much wide open if you want to schedule it then.

As I mentioned, if you guys want to meet sooner, go for it. We can meet and greet another time. The GAS guys will have something coming up, usually every other month or so, so we can offer an invite when that one rolls around.

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #28 of 53
Dang - I'm most likely moving to St. Louis in August...so maybe next time. Have fun guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back