St. Louis Head-Fi meet June 23
May 13, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #32 of 53
June works better for me. I have a iBasso P1 and Beyer DT880 from 2003.

May 26, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #33 of 53
I live about 90 miles north of St. Louis, but my wife and I come down about every third or fourth weekend to shop (my wife can do some serious damage at Frontenac
cool.gif
), pick up some Italian on The Hill, or bum around the Central West End. We like St. Louis
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I might be able to meet up for a St. Louis GTG if it were on a Saturday. Sadly I don't really have any really good headphones to bring to the party, so I'd be mostly a leech. I do own a pair of PX100's (woo hoo!) and also a pair of Shure E3c's, though I only have a few sets of earpieces, so I'd need to pick up a pack of foamies or something. Right?

BTW, St. Louis members, are there any places in St. Louis that sell decent headphones? I'm talking Grados, mid-to-upper Sennheisers, AKG's, etc. I'd really like to hear some of these in person before ponying up the cash. I've certainly visited some of the 'higher' end home stereo shops, such as Music for Pleasure (drool) and The Sound Room, but no one seems to sell any headphones over the $49 Best Buy variety, or the freakin' Bose store at the mall.

May 30, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #34 of 53
Alright guys, we're doin it Saturday June 23rd, 1 pm @ Scott F's house in Wildwood. Post & let us know if you're in or not, and if so what gear you're bringing. I'll be sending out directions to his place in the next few weeks, but only to those who've expressed interest

May 30, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #36 of 53
Alright, while I'm sure I have no idea if I can actually FOR SURE make it. (I did originally plan to attend the Milwaukee meet). This one is close enough to home I may be able to stop in for just a few hours.

I have a set of Grado SR 80's
Ultrasone PROLine 750's
Some KSC75s (whooppie!)
But no real decent sources or amps to speak of (yet)

May 30, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #37 of 53
Tentatively count me in. My wife and I have to travel to northern Wisconsin the weekend before, and to Colorado the weekend after. There's a lot of travel going on around that time and we might need a weekend at home to relax and unwind.

But I'd love to attend. I'm not sure if my wife would want to or not. I currently have a pair of PX100's (yipee!) and some Shure E3C's with essentially zero extra earplugs. However, I have a PA2V2 in the mail and I am planning on ordering a pair of K701's and HD650's today. The plan being to demo them both, and send one pair back. So I might have those too.

May 30, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #38 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronylee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry my collection is small and pitiful, but I love them all to death.

better than mine
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronylee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How far is Wildwood? I have no idea where it is... New to St Louis.

Wildwood is southwest of StL, out 44 near Six Flags, probably about 30 minutes from where you and I are (right smack in the middle of St. Louis city for those who don't know) on the highway when there's not alot of traffic, plus however long it takes to get to his house once you get off 44

Jun 12, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #41 of 53
I'm still hoping to make it, but I don't know if it will work or not - had a ice-maker water line split open in the kitchen and soaked/warped a dozen floor tiles. Gotta replace all of it, since we can't find & don't like the current tile. My weekends have suddenly become a bit busy....

So how many folks are attending and what sorts of equipment will be there?

If I can make it, I'll be bringing a pair of HD650's, AKG701's, and a PA2V2 (if the darn thing arrives in time).

Jun 14, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #42 of 53
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd make a quick post. Pinkfloyd is going to give me a call about doing some final coordination for the meet. I'll forward him my address and phone number an din turn he can forward those to you guys.

I saw someone mention something about having enough sources.....no worries there. I have three dedicated listening rooms plus I'll have a few extra sources set out for additional amps that make it out. If you are curious, here is a link to my systems/rooms.
http://www.audiocircle.com/systems/i...p?systemid=278
One the left side of the screen you can scroll through the different rooms.

Here is the quick rundown of sources we'll have;

AH! Njoe Tjoeb upsampled and tubed CD player
Arcam 8se CD player
Sony es3000 SACD/upsampled CD player
Pioneer SACD/DVD-A/upsampled CD player
Bolder Modified Squeezebox
Stock Squeezebox
Paradisea tubed DAC
Constantine DAC
Opera LP5 Turntable with the Slee Jazz Club phono stage
Audio Note TT-1 turntable with the Slee Reflex Gold X phono stage

I've also got the Slee Solo headphone amp
Grado SR-80
Grado SR-60
Shure 2(something or other) earbuds
and an ancient pair of Koss Quad headphones (circa 1975)
iAudio X-5 60gig loaded with flac files

One of the GAS guys is bringing the Little Dot headphone amp plus some Senn's and Beydryn's.

And if need be I've got several other sources I can get out if we run short.

I'll work out with PinkFloyd on how we want to set up the rooms (long cables, listening stations, etc.)

Looking forward to that weekend. It should be loads of fun
lambda.gif

Should be loads of fun.

Jun 16, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #44 of 53
alright so I got Scott's address & phone # I'll be PMing it to everyone who has expressed interest so far, however some people I haven't heard from in several months. So unless you already have in the last few weeks, PLEASE POST IF YOU PLAN ON COMING, and LET US KNOW WHAT EQUIPMENT YOU'LL BE BRINGING. Again, we're meeting next Saturday, June 23 at 1 o'clock at Scott's house, which is out in Pacific, about 40 minutes (from the City) out I-44 for those who don't know, so plan accordingly. I can't wait, this is gonna be AWESOME. If you haven't already, I definitely advise you to check out scott's setup in the link he provided above. It's SOO sweet
orphsmile.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #45 of 53
in case anyone is coming straight out Manchester...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott F.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkfloyd4ever
Hey scott, I just wanted to make sure since I sent everyone this link...does google maps have your location correct http://www.google.com/maps?q=2280+Br...i=map&ct=title I just sent em all PMs, I'll be talkin to you in the next few days.
Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Yep, thats it. One thing to note, on Google, Mapquest and Yahoo Maps, they all show Brookview connecting to Hwy 100 and it doesn't. If someone is coming in from Hwy 100 (Manchester Blvd) they will need to go to Thornton, hang a left, go down the hill and hang a left into the subdivision.

Seeya this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back