SRH840 straight from iPod?
Jan 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #18 of 27
Even though the 840 improves a bit with a portable amp (even better from a desktop), I have no problems using it straight out of my iPod Classic. I prefer the less bulk and it still sounds quite nice.

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #21 of 27
If you like the signature of the 440s, I'd say yes.

Especially if you plan on selling the 440s.  I haven't heard hardly anyone say negative things about the SQ of the 840s, just negative things about the comfort.

If the 440s don't bother you... then I'd say it's probably worth it; you should definitely notice an improved overall response.

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #23 of 27

Quote:
Even though the 840 improves a bit with a portable amp (even better from a desktop), I have no problems using it straight out of my iPod Classic. I prefer the less bulk and it still sounds quite nice.

though it does require a bit more juice than most phones...or i'm just used to IEM's...

Jan 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #25 of 27
The 840 is not a portable pair of headphones.  If youre going to sit in your room and listen to an ipod they will be driven just fine and they will sound great....but if you're moving around then you are much better off getting something less bulky and lighter weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back