SRH440 to SRH840
Jan 31, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #18 of 32
from what i understood they are bigger, and better.... i mean bigger, as theyr body is considered by some a little bigger, because of the plus weight....
in fact i consider these to be better, but as i mentioned depends on you seraches, if you do not search a certain thing that is better on them, they may sound the same....
and by the way they do need burn in.... 

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #20 of 32
yes, it may worth... you did not tell us your main surce, you should look about how much watts it haves... if is iriver, it may be too little, if it;s cowon it may be enought, and if it;s computer, well in that case it depends on sundcard, but it may work the best as well...
remember they need burn in time, so don't expect that the first listening to them to be perfect...
and the burn time is about 100 hours, this means that only after 100 hours you get the best of them....
have a nice listening to your headphones...
o2smile.gif

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #22 of 32
Go for the m50s, cause they run great of Ipod touches. :D

And eventually when you get the amp/dac, it'll sound even better. :D

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #26 of 32

Quote:
Now I just saw the AKG K271 and 240 MK II how are those compared to the 840? they are pretty much the same price at a store nearby

I compared K271 to SRH840 and to these ears the K271 were so bass-shy that the overall signature sounded like it had no foundation.  Out an ipod they did even worse.  SRH840 in contrast has deep powerful bass (a bit emphasized for some) that is integrated with the rest of the spectrum, giving music body and substance.

Quote:
Go for the m50s, cause they run great of Ipod touches. :D

And eventually when you get the amp/dac, it'll sound even better. :D

Quote:
I think the m50s would be the best if running unamped :D

Is today opposite day?  

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #29 of 32
some more expensive headphone need an amp.... is not really universal, but the exceptions are so few that i wiould never consider them.... and from what i heard especially srh 840 do feel the lust for an amp... the same for m50....

m50 means studio, they are maked for high quality and power sources, the same as srh 840....

srh 440 does not profit that much,in fact almost no profit at all,  but they profit a little too, in bass and quality departement..... only form an good amp....

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #30 of 32
oh haha, must of been a misunderstanding in my previous post
I wasn't saying that the m50s would be better unamped than amped
I was just saying that the m50s would probably sound better than the other recommended headphones when unamped :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back