SR60 with $1k in upgrades? LOL!
Jul 23, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #61 of 129
Going to write saying someting like: "I already have a pair of heavily modded SR60s, but one of my drivers is damaged. If yours have the same kind of drivers I would be extremely interested. My SR60's were modded with Stax HD650K701 drivers. Could you please email me the specs of your modded headphones. Even if they are different from mine I would be interested. Thanks very much!"

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #62 of 129
You the only problem with the rainbow foil and new springs is that if you get a little bit of tacheon interference then it can make the core lose some integrity, I think if you reroute the signal from the phase inducers it would allow for increased stability without endangering the dilithium crystals

Jul 23, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #65 of 129
in an email to me:
Quote:

Dear nikongod

Please be advised that the following auction:

120010083068 - Grado SR60 Headphones UPGRADED SR 60

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller.
All results for this auction are null and void.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #67 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
And just as fast as the fun began, it ends. ;(

Thank goodness

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #68 of 129
Aw, weaksauce
tongue.gif
I wanted to see those SR60's sell and the details behind them revealed, though perhaps the seller didn't even have a pair to sell at all LOL.

600smile.gif
Abe

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #70 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
I was going to buy those and sell my current crappy grados.
frown.gif

Wait, there's a Grado called the Crappy? Why did I miss out, I've never heard of crappy Grados before. I wonder what they sound like
tongue.gif

600smile.gif
Abe

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #71 of 129
WTF?! Why were you guys crapping all over my auction?

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #72 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Wait, there's a Grado called the Crappy? Why did I miss out, I've never heard of crappy Grados before.

I got them at best buy, fh1's or something.

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #73 of 129
Damn Ebay! Everytime I see what looks like a once in a lifetime auction, they take it down. Probably a staff member who wanted the phones for himself. Greedy bastards.

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #74 of 129
Dang it. I was really enjoying watching the ridiculousness unfold.
biggrin.gif

Some of the story was getting so funny, I had to implement "Anti-Blowout" technology on my mind.
blink.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #75 of 129
Yeah, too bad this story ended so abruptly. Oh well, I bet in a week we'll have another one. Oh and speaking of Grado related ridiculousness, my dream of glass earcups/whole housings on a pair of Grados may be realized pretty soon here- I did a thread on this a long time ago. When I get down to the coast again, I'm going to try to get some large borosilicate(pyrex) tubes to work with, a lathe of sorts to tool on, and some metal mesh, and I imagine my biggest problem if anything would be trying to get the mount right on the earcups
rs1smile.gif

Now that will be something to laugh about, especially if you play opera really loud
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
I got them at best buy, fh1's or something.

Oh those are nice but not like the Wal-Mart version, the Gardo HL-1000's, aka the "Hardly Listenables"
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back