Spirit Torino Valkyria
Feb 21, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #451 of 1,010
I know this is a Valkyria thread but given their $6,000 price points, has anyone compared the Pulsar to the Susvara?
I want to know if selling my Susvara to replace it with the Pulsar would be a smart move. Are they in the same league? I know it all depends what you're looking for sound wise but just curious.

Feb 21, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #452 of 1,010
I know this is a Valkyria thread but given their $6,000 price points, has anyone compared the Pulsar to the Susvara?
I want to know if selling my Susvara to replace it with the Pulsar would be a smart move. Are they in the same league? I know it all depends what you're looking for sound wise but just curious.
You can actually get a new Pulsar for 4400$ at headamp.com

Deal is active since black friday

Feb 26, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #454 of 1,010
Japanese jazz from the 70's just seem to go along exceptionally well with the Valkyria.

The forceful double bass pulse, the richness of the piano parts, the tactility of the percussions and the whole feeling of an emotionally connected group of people having their best time playing together come across so well ... These recordings also convey a tremendous sense of spatial immanence, you are there among the musicians.

Unfortunately the two discs below are not available via Qobuz or Tidal AFAIK, but they are well worth the hassle of getting them via Amazon.jp for example.

Both recordings require a flawless pace an rhythm capability to come alive, but when that combines with weight - i.e. not being too lightfooted - the space and time trip to the session is assured.

Physical Structure (Three Blind Mice production) has been the highlight of my musical weekend. Sheer aural, emotional and physical pleasure :dt880smile:

cover.jpg

cover.jpg

Feb 26, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #455 of 1,010
You can actually get a new Pulsar for 4400$ at headamp.com

Deal is active since black friday
I don't believe this is true. I think Justin just forgot to take that verbiage off the Spirit page. I tested this not too long ago with another Spirit headphone and no discount was auto applied. Just verified it with the Pulsar

Feb 26, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #456 of 1,010
I don't believe this is true. I think Justin just forgot to take that verbiage off the Spirit page. I tested this not too long ago with another Spirit headphone and no discount was auto applied. Just verified it with the Pulsar
Wouldn't be surprised if you could still get it when inquiring via email.
A new Susvara can usually also be gotten for less than 5k.

Mar 1, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #457 of 1,010
Hello everyone :) i see after reading the whole thread , that great company for Valkyria is abyss 1266 as many of you have said. My questions is would DCA Expanse also be a good company to the V ? And hit other spots that V is weaker in ? Or should i rather not bother with DCA ?

Mar 1, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #458 of 1,010
Didn't you just buy Susvara? Let me guess, you don't like it (too much ear candy and not enough soul/music) and looking for a different sound signature? Just stay with Susvara for a few month before you jump ship. Might as well get all the ear candies at once :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #459 of 1,010
I don't have Valkyria, but a more modest Twin Pulse, which has two drivers in an isobaric chamber.
They're great performance headphones, I even sold a Susvara for them and now I'm queuing for a Valkyra.
And the Twin Pulse, while sharing the same architecture, is several notches below the Valkyria...

Mar 1, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #460 of 1,010
And the Twin Pulse, while sharing the same architecture, is several notches below the Valkyria...
I have the Twin Pulse Ragnarr too and to me (in my chain) it's better than the HE1000SE (which I sold) and on par with the Final D8000. I rank it slightly lower than the Solitaire P-SE because the P-SE takes the best of HE1000SE and D8000 and roll them all into one package. The P-SE is also more comfortable to wear in comparison to the Ragnarr.

And then there's the Valkyria, which to my ears sits way above any of those cans I've owned especially when it comes to jazz/piano/instrumentals (which has been said a million times over). I also owned the Susvara, which while phenomenal on it's own, I still preferred the Valkyria.

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #461 of 1,010
My questions is would DCA Expanse also be a good company to the V ? And hit other spots that V is weaker in ? Or should i rather not bother with DCA ?
I've heard Expanse in my system. Very good headphones, but kind of "all-rounder" type. No obvious weaknesses, no outstanding advantages. Great headphones as a single pair, but this is the last thing I would consider as part of a set of multiple headphones.

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #462 of 1,010
And then there's the Valkyria, which to my ears sits way above any of those cans I've owned especially when it comes to jazz/piano/instrumentals (which has been said a million times over). I also owned the Susvara, which while phenomenal on it's own, I still preferred the Valkyria.

So you like more of a forward/dynamic presentation with a bit smaller soundstage?

I wonder how does Valkyria differ from Utopia which appears to have similar qualities?

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #464 of 1,010
the incredible thing about the 13r is that it is so small that it could actually be a portable solution,although it is quite heavy despite its small footprint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back