Spirit Torino Valkyria
Mar 2, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #466 of 1,106
the incredible thing about the 13r is that it is so small that it could actually be a portable solution,although it is quite heavy despite its small footprint

Best TOL "transportable" solution could be a "TITANIUM COMBO" : Valkyria Titanium + Lotoo Mjolnir (also titanium body) :xf_cool:

Lotoo.png

Spirit Torino Valkyria.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #470 of 1,106
@xtr4 thanks for the info. I just spoke to Andreas and asked him a question :
wanted to find out from you. I also like to listen to sound a bit closer more intimate with a bit more thrust and energy and engaging. Do you know what I mean ? And something that could go also alone with my Cayin N8 player , could you recommend complementing headphone out of your headphones .?
I love the seperation of instruments in Valkyria and would like something that would also be in a similar way.
He answered that Centauri is exactly what I am discribing .

Interesting times ...

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #471 of 1,106
Mar 18, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #473 of 1,106
HeLO everyone .
I wanted to ask all of you wise and experienced , what would be the best complementary headphone to Valkyrie. One that is very emotional, a bit closer engaging full of body, concert like , can be mobile/ portable so plugged to a DAP. Good for pop and rock like Queen, Mike and the Mechanics etc. adding a little body to the lacking 80,s productions. I have been advised that Spirit Torino Centauri. Has anybody heard it ? There was only one comment I read somewhere but it was not very affirming.
thanks

Mar 18, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #475 of 1,106
Mar 18, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #476 of 1,106
The Valkyria has yet to arrive.
How’s the Pulsar coming along? Any noticeable difference after burning in?

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #477 of 1,106
I've been intrigued by this brand and was happy to find this thread a while ago, ever since I blindly bought the Super Leggera to get a feel for the sound. Though the SL is a decent entry headphone, I quickly wondered what higher models brought to the table. I became interested in the Pulsar and how it differed from the Valkyria and found some answers in this thread. Last night I came across a page that outlines those differences in detail. It's interesting I haven't found this info anywhere else including the Spirit website, so I'll just presume it's accurate.

In short, the drivers are the same. The key differences are:
  • Frame - V: titanium; P: aluminum
  • Cable - V: copper and silver; P: silver-coated copper
  • Packaging - V: deluxe wooden box; P: more standard, same as the Twin Pulse
  • Sonics - V: fuller and more dynamic, higher resolution; P: airier, a bit lighter in the bass comparatively
  • Price - 12k vs 6k
  • The Pulsar was introduced at Munich High End 2022
https://audioessence.ch/collections/spirit-torino-kopfhorer/products/spirit-torino-pulsar-flagship

I placed an order for the Pulsar last week and am really looking forward to them.

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #478 of 1,106
HeLO everyone .
I wanted to ask all of you wise and experienced , what would be the best complementary headphone to Valkyrie. One that is very emotional, a bit closer engaging full of body, concert like , can be mobile/ portable so plugged to a DAP. Good for pop and rock like Queen, Mike and the Mechanics etc. adding a little body to the lacking 80,s productions. I have been advised that Spirit Torino Centauri. Has anybody heard it ? There was only one comment I read somewhere but it was not very affirming.
thanks
I think the biggest challenge would be the complement to the dynamics of the Valkyria.
In terms of portability, from my own experience, the HE1000SE would probably tick the most boxes; easy to drive, relatively light, comfortable - cons: Open back for portable
Similar in terms of sound signature from the Spirit Stable would be the Spirit Torino Twin Pulse 1706 Ragnarr but its fit and weight aren't suitable for being portable. Other options are the Final D8000 (non pro), Solitaire P-SE.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #479 of 1,106
I think the biggest challenge would be the complement to the dynamics of the Valkyria.
In terms of portability, from my own experience, the HE1000SE would probably tick the most boxes; easy to drive, relatively light, comfortable - cons: Open back for portable
Similar in terms of sound signature from the Spirit Stable would be the Spirit Torino Twin Pulse 1706 Ragnarr but its fit and weight aren't suitable for being portable. Other options are the Final D8000 (non pro), Solitaire P-SE.
Thanks.
I had final audio sonorous X and sold them this week. :frowning2:. But when I put them on after Valkyria , it felt like all of the sound was splashed on a wall in front of me. i thought , no way, how can one listen that way. And up to that point I thought Sonorous x was the cat,s miał. :). It had great concert like sound but in comparison it lacked so much, that I couldn’t justify owning another really expensive pair along side that wouldn’t be able to climb to similar level of realism of Valkyria just play the music in a different fashion. Valkyria is a game changer .

Mar 19, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #480 of 1,106
How’s the Pulsar coming along? Any noticeable difference after burning in?
It did play non-stop for the first week or so, and I have not caught any major differences since then.

The Pulsar is a gem, the only reason I'm considering selling it is the Valkyria.
It sucks you right into the music and you forget about audiophile sound effects.
Before that, I found the Susvara (with the right amplification) to provide such an experience, but the Pulsar takes it a step further.

The Abyss is an odd sounding headphone, and I have not been listening to it much after its burn-in. I don't think it fits my sonic preferences.

The Stax 9000 is still here, it can certainly wow you at moments, but it can also sound fatiguing at times.
Still on the fence regarding the last two (Abyss and Stax).

I'm really looking forward to listening to the Valkyria and comparing it to the Pulsar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back