spiral ear SE 2 way pro or JH audio JH5?
Jun 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 4
Can't help you much with that but I was floored in an instant when I heard the low end on my 3-way Reference. It's not only the lows but highs and mids as well.

As I recall from auditioning the universal versions, 2-way's had a slightly different sound signature, a very balanced one with deep, accurate bass (not so much in quantity but quality). I guess it's also the reason why they are also targeted to musicians.

3-way Reference to my ears are more "meaty" in bass region, though still very balanced; there is more of it and it can hit very deep. I haven't heard the proper 2-way custom so I can only assume that from a universal version.

I've only had UE-10 Pro's before so don't know about JH5's.

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 4
There is no one on here that owns both that I know of.

My 5-way reference is nothing short of amazing and from everything I have read about Spiral Ear products is that they are exceptional.  I may be getting demo units of the 2-way Pro and 3-way Reference to send around to some head-fiers.

On the other hand, I know several very happy JH5 owners. I will be getting a JH16 soon, which should have a similar sound signature to the JH5 so I should be able to give a rough (very rough) idea as to how these compare.

Here is another forum where people have 3-way reference and 2-way pro demos http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=review&thread=6665&page=2#

Users who are viewing this thread

Back