SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Sep 17, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #976 of 1,133
Spin fit is just soooo good. I was on the edge of selling my SE846. But the CP800 just saves the day... It has significantly improved vocal clarity.

Sep 17, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #979 of 1,133
I know it thank you but, There are several opinnions that says are not the original this is why I doubt.

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #981 of 1,133
It is certainly not my newest article/review/summary of impressions, but imo still worth to be shared here and I wouldn't change anything about them if I wrote those lines today: Here are some lines about why the SpinFit tips might not be for everybody and why they will probably not work equally well or identically with every in-ear: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2016/09/SpinFit-Tips.html
(It is written in English, but as always you can use the "Google Translate" widget underneath the navigation bar.)

Oct 17, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #984 of 1,133
Got some for my Shure SE215 and they have definitely improved the sound. The stock Shure silicone tips worked well for me but the Spinfit CP800 have increased the clarity and reduced the bass a bit so I'd say they're well worth the price.

Now I'm hoping I get on with the Spinfit CP100's I've bought for my RE-400's. I like long eartips so I can insert quite deep, my Shure's give a good enough seal and they feel stable, but that may be more to do with the body of the IEM being supported by my outer ear.

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #986 of 1,133
Will the spinfit improve the sound quality of KZ ZS6? I mean will it depress the piercing highs? I've tried different foam tips and New Bee tips and it did not help.

You should look into a smaller bore ear tip, in my experience Spinfits don't attenuate the treble. I would recommend experimenting with an alcohol swab, wait for the alcohol to evaporate and place the fabric over the nozzle, place the tip over the fabric to hold it in place. That will provide some high-frequency dampening. You can use any thin material really, I just find swabs to work the best, cheers.

Jan 15, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #988 of 1,133
Which size shall I order? M or L? For foam tips I can use both sizes. Is it better to have a bigger size for proper isolation?

Sorry, I was referring to the size of the sound tube not the outer diameter of the tip, always choose the size that gives you the best comfort and seal. And give that fabric mod a try first, it's free and very well may solve your problem!

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #989 of 1,133
Will the spinfit improve the sound quality of KZ ZS6? I mean will it depress the piercing highs? I've tried different foam tips and New Bee tips and it did not help.

It should (reduce the upper highs and elevate the lower highs), however only to a small degree. Using an impedance adapter (due to the ZS6's impedance response) or an EQ would be much, much more effective.

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #990 of 1,133
So today I went to my local Jaben store here in Melbourne and decided to listen to a few iems. Sennheiser Ie800, Beyerdynamic Xelento & AAW AXH. I am currently using a Fiio Q1 MKii with my HTC 10 and Oriveti New Primacy with a Effect Audio Ares ii cable. I was impressed to the price to performance and absolutely loved them. But to be completely honest the iems I mentioned did sound slightly better but no by much, the Ie800 had a bigger soundstage but I actually preferred the mids and lows on the new primacy. The AAW AHX did have better clarity and a bigger soundstage but I found the treble a bit shrill for my tastes, the Xelento had amazing bass, awesome mids, very nice treble and did have better clarity overall but that price tag. So I decided to grab some spinfits but unfortunately didn't get to try them at the store. So on my way back home in the train, I decided to open them and put them on my New Primacy. I had no clue what I was truly missing, I am stunned by how clear they really are now, yes treble has been enhanced slightly but no where near piercing as the AHX, the bass detail is mind blowing, mids are so crystal clear, the soundstage is amazing and separation is just way to good for the price. I thought back and said I love these more than the Xelento. I think I hit end game for a good while, it's been a very good while since I had the new primacy, I simply can't believe what I have been missing out on. Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back